Administrator

Upcoming Change in Login Experience

[ Edited ]

Hello, Silicon Labs community members

I am pleased to announce we will roll out a Single Sign On (SSO) system which will help you easily get access to different Silicon Labs’ channels with a single login. Once it goes live January 20th, you’ll be able to use the silabs.com website and the community with the same login account.

Please note that your current community password will no longer be valid for your account after the SSO is enabled. You don’t have to update anything until you receive a message from Silicon Labs to update your password. Nothing else will change.

SSO sign-in page:

sso.png

Specifically, there’ll be two flows for current community users,

• Users who have logged into silabs.com AND community.silabs.com with the same email address,
    1. When you click "Sign In" link on the community, you will be taken to the SSO sign-in page above. Here you will use your password for silabs.com, click “Log In” and will be taken back to community.silabs.com.

• Users who have logged into community.silabs.com but never silabs.com with the same email address,
    1. When you click "Sign In" on the community, you will be taken to the SSO sign-in page above. Here you can enter your old password and click “log in”.
    2. You will see the message "Your account has been updated to access more Silicon Labs services. We sent you an email from sso-support@silabs.com with a temporary password."
    3. The email will contain your temporary password which you can use to login. After, you will be asked to create a new password, after you enter this they will be taken back to community.silabs.com.

Please leave a comment below if you have any questions! 

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs

Re: Upcoming Change in Login Experience

Great move. This is better no need to remember two different usernames.

Kudos to SiLabs team.

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Star</font></font> </a> rb2

I had a community.silabs account for a few years, but I'm not sure if I also had a silabs.com account.  Regardless the original account(s?) were attached to my work email.   

Then about a week ago, I tried logging in for the first time in many months, but my password didn't work.  So I clicked on "Request Password Reset."  But no email ever arrived. I tried several times over several days, and never received an email response. (I did check my junk mail folder, too.)   

So I asked my IT Dept if they block spam, and was told NO. To investigate , my IT technician created his own Silabs account with no problem.  Then requested a password reset, and he immediately got the email.

So it seemed to me that my only option to communicate w/ Silabs was to create a new login w/ a personal email account. I would prefer to use my work email.  Who can help me get my original account's password reset ? 

Thanks!

Can I change my email address anywhere?
My account has an old email address that I will no longer have access to soon.

Highlighted
Administrator

@Kroony You need to send your new email address to me so that we can update it for you. Can you let me know via private message? 

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs