NEW MEMBER? Please introduce yourself here

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome!

We are very pleased you decided to join us.

Why not take a few minutes to briefly introduce yourself as a new member, but please do not post technical questions this thread - it's just for introductions. As always, we caution you to be careful about the types of personal information that you post here since this is a public forum. 

It can be confusing joining a new forum. The following information may help you in getting established here. We know you want to get started, but reading this will help you get started properly.

REGISTERING – For information on the registration process, please see the registration guide:  How to Register and Why.  

POSTING QUESTIONS - For posting questions and requesting technical advice, please read this excellent guide: How can I post a question here

UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE AND AVATAR - If you have your own website or blog, you are free to include it in your signature block as long as it falls within our community guidelines.  We discourage all 3rd party promotional activities and posts on this site, but various links in your signature block are allowed.  You can also upload your own picture or avatar if you like.  For more information, please see the settings guide:  Adjusting Your Account Settings and Avatar.

CONDUCT - The general emphasis here is on support and learning. We encourage all forum members to remain respectful and understanding of others. If you see behaviors and materials that you feel are outside of TERMS OF USE, then we encourage you to report this content to the moderators for review.  Anything content found to be inappropriate will be removed or edited. You can learn more at: Reporting Inappropriate Content. Also, please see the Community Guidelines for a friendlier version of the TERMS OF USE.

SEARCHING - Try our advanced search to find answers quickly, especially if you have a specific or general technical question. See the search box on the main community page

Re: NEW MEMBER? Please introduce yourself here

Thanks Alan, 

Great work to you and the team for shepherding the transition to our new community platform.  I look forward to a healthy and vibrant community!!!

My views are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Silicon Labs

Hi I am Al (Folknology) and have recently started working with the Energy Micro Gecko series (perhaps that should be SiliconLabs Gecko series now..)  I have worked with a number of Arm based microcontrollers from other vendors in the past along with AVRs and  Xmos XS1 series to name just a few, looking forward to being involved in this community.

regards

Al

I'm Matt Dibb, support guru for Ember (now part of the Silicon Labs MCU & Wireless division) since 2004.  I look forward to being able to share my Ember/ZigBee-related knowledge with the community and get the conversations flowing around EM35x/ZigBee development with the same success as the Energy Micro team has done with their products.

--------
The views represented in this post are the independent views of the author and don't necessarily represent the official views of Silicon Labs.

Hi all!

I'm not strictly a new member, but I would like to say farewell as an employee of Silicon Labs, and introduce myself as a "Member". 

I'm leaving Silicon Labs to pursue new adventures and it felt best to create a new user so I can continue contributing here, but not as a Silicon Labs employee.

My new username will be Andlier.

Hi I am LG

I am 13 and into electronics, I have been a member of various forum for around 2 years. I dont know a great deal and most o my past experience has been with pic micro's, my dad now uses alot of silicon labs stuff at work,so I have decided to switch over and learn 8051 and the efm32. Mostly I 'Borrow' the dev kits from dad's work Robot Very Happy.

Although dad is an engineer I prefer to learn and ask questions myself, I have a pretty good set up at home so I am looking forward to learning SL kits! I am particularly into radio and I am sitting my intermediate exam soon for amateur radio.

Sorry in advance for the hundreds of questions I will ask lol

LG

Welcome, LG.  Great to see someone starting early with embedded design!    Nice that you have access to the various PIC, C8051, and EFM32 dev tools to start playing around.  Might want to see if he can get some of the wireless transceiver eval boards (Si1080 or Si4463, for example) as well so you can drive a radio from your C8051.

-Matt

--------
The views represented in this post are the independent views of the author and don't necessarily represent the official views of Silicon Labs.

There is a 4461-868-PDK dev kit here, is that the kind of thing you are talking about?

And thanks by the way Robot Very Happy

I did manage to brick the DK3750 GG board today Robot Sad but lucky for me someone else had already done it, so I found the answer on the forums Robot Very Happy, I grounded the reset pin and that got the Jlink back, then I was able to reflash the board package.

But was a hairy couple of hours working out how to explain to my dad, was his pride and joy was now a paper weight Robot Very Happy.

I love forums for that kind of stuff!

Also all the tech guy's on here seem to really know there stuff! I have been reading the forums alot, stack and stacks of info!

We have a very old Land rover, and my current project (one of them) is to tap into the CAN and see what I can find Robot Very Happy

LG

By the way I hope to have my own BLOG soon, focusing on my projects with your boards and chips! I always thought I would stay with pics, but i love these kits, bit of a steep learning curve getting used to new IDE's etc and datasheets, but the dev kits and chips are excellent! I especially like the tool sticks with the plug in daughter cards! great idea and a cheap way to start, I am going to show my tech teacher. Would be great if my School got some of them.

Hi,

I am one of the owners  of a small business in Australia. We have in the last 18 months commissioned and ERP package and have recently purchased an 8000 series barcode scanner to upload data to the ERP package and am looking for some support on how to integrate this scanner into our system.

I have to say that it is not as easy as I thought. The documentation is very convoluted and I look forward to some assistance.

rgds

Colin

hi

i am henry hurtado from lime, peru, it is nice to get around a developer community, i am a little old and my carrer is another but never is to late to start learning something that i always wanted to learn; i wish i can find all help and make friends here

best regards

Highlighted

I am Gurunath Kulkarni from TES Electronic solutions , Bangalore

I am excited

Hello gang, I am Sam, I am an Audio Engineer, RC Plane and Helicopter enthusiast, and have just recently got myself hooked on electronics engineering, or the maker/hacker movement. I just turned 28, and 2 years ago i had no clue in this type of area at all!!! I got into electronics through RC flying, I modded my Tx, to a beast with 2 way as int receives RSSI for telemetry. Began with Atmel, love the Turnigy Plush ESCs and those use SiLabs. Took a crash course in Programming, and have decided to add it to my career, and get into building high studio quality mics and outboard gear. I like coin these things, and creating something most pay hundreds for, when i payed maybe $20, and i did the work, and it works better than commercial products.My First Project plan is to use a CF8051F4340 MCU to design and build a flight controller. Im actually about to make my first FC with a MPU-6050 and an Arduino Pro Mini. I am glad to be able to learn from smart people!

SignalFlow!! Common now!!!

Hi!

I'm not really a new member, but I can`t remember my nick or the e-mail adress I used here. No, I didn't log in too much so I wasn't a very active member. Usually the answer to the my problem was already in the forum, so I didn't ask more than once or twice... 

Anyway, you can call me Yoma

I've just worked with 8-bit microcontrollers. In fact, I learned about microcontrollers with one from Silabs.

Re: NEW MEMBER? Pleaseinclude your location

suggestion that work e.g. in the USA may not work elsewhere, thus the location is importane

erik

Hi my name is Michael. I'm from Austria and 19 years old. 

I started using the EFM32 one year ago for my diploma project at an Austrian higher technical collage. I began with an Arduino and got familiar with some different sensor. Then we learned at school about µCs

and programmed an STM32 in assembler and C.

Michael

Hi, I am Philosopho and have recently started using a Si4461 868 Wireless Development Kit

for university studies. I hope I will find help.

Best regards Robot Happy

Hey All,

I'm pure RF guy that knows little to nothing about MCUs. Last time I coded in C was back in undergrad. I started working for a sensor company not long ago and developed lots of energy harvesting methods for RFID and lower power device. I just started programming MSP432 a month ago (my first MCU) but dumped it because of its turn-on time and buggy ADC. I'm looking forward to working with EFM32. I must say I love how Simplicity studio organized all the documents and all the software. I wish it had more/better examples though.

-Al

Future? Its here!

hi am yuvaraj an engineering student quite intrested in inovating new concepts in wireless automation and trying to make it trust worthy a product after done. I will be thankful for any help of si labs. Thank you! 

回复: NEW MEMBER? Please introduce yourself here

hi,
     I'm a software engineer from China.Our company's equipment uses your chip. The device works well in the windows platform, but not in the apple platform, even if install the driver you write for the apple platform. Mainly communication with the device through software we wrote. I hope to get help here.

regards

chenke

Hello All,

My name is Mike, I'm now supporting our Isolation product lines so feel free to loop me in if something comes up!

Thanks,

Administrator

回复: NEW MEMBER? Please introduce yourself here

@chenke Welcome to the community and thanks for your feedback! I hope our moderators can help you solve the issue. 

Best regards, 

Nari 

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs

Hi guys, I'm SongWei who is currently developing bluetooth device(BT121) to communicate with other peripherals such as smart phone and PC.

Hi guys

I'm Pier from Cantù (Italy), I'm a firmware engeneer , I work in a company that develops tecnology for police forces.

I'm developing some application using EFM microprocessor and Si1060 wireless MCU.

The device works fine, thanks in advance for any future help.

Pier

Super Star

Hello Matt and all,

I am new to the silabs community forum and to zigbee software development using app builder in general. I am part of the team at Legrand who takes care of zigbee products, you probably have been in contact with my colleagues Sebastien Marion, Alexandre Perrot and Dominique Blanchet in past years.

I will like for more help than what I can give back at first, hopefully that will switch throughout time.

Super Star

Hello. I'm an EE from Georgia starting to develop IoT products. I look forward to learning!

Hello. I'm Andrea an Electronic Eng. from Italy

I start to develop a portable device for skin measurement with BLE112/BLE113 module.

I think I'll need a bit of information in the future.

Hi All,

I really happy to be part of this community!! I am learning about Blue Gecko Module Wireless and hope I can get some help from you!! I have a few ideas and I want to put all the pieces together.

Administrator

Re: Hi All,

Welcome to the community, @amorepc79!

Nari | Community Manager | Silicon Labs
Super Star

Re: Hi All,

Welcome

Hi, I am a retired IT guy and am currently interested in building a radio with Si radio chips. Having some fun douing that!

Hi I'm Zhidong, embedded software engineer in Singapore. I use WF121 to work with AWS IOT, it just work.

Hello,

I'm Zoltan an RF hardware design engineer from Budapest. We created an engineering pool with our fellows and working on different IoT projects @ rfsparkling.com

Using EFM32 and some Silabs radios too in my designs right now.

Thank you for the excellent support!

Zoltan

Super Star

Welcome Zoltan. Could we connect on linkedIn:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandredebernard

Hello guys,
I'm Vincenzo Bruno, electronic engineer, I live in south Italy.
Now, I'm working on BT121 via uart with STM32F103ZE.
I hope to arrive the goal with these items. Smiley LOL

Good working to all Robot LOL

I'm Richard Mansell from Virginia, U.S.A. and I do freelance hardware/firmware design for a couple different companies as well as run the OSEMO project. 

For the past four years I've worked almost exclusively with Atmel chips but have come to realize the huge potential in the Silicon Labs chips!  So here I am!  Started off with the Busy Bee and look forward to getting to know the whole family.

Hi, my name is Chermen from Moscow. I'm not old, only 64 but still try to keep pace with youngsters. I've covered only 118000 km running so far, it's the 3d lap around the Earth. That's one of my hobbies.

I've been an  engineer in radioelectronic for 40 years and I like my job very much. I've come here to get some experience or maybe I can be somehow useful to this honourable Community. I've always dealt with analog engineering but I feel it's time to dive into the digital ocean and compare these both fields of electronics.   The progress of the SiLabs is evident but there are some details which are still desired to be done.

Best regards especially to Nari and all the women of the Community with the International women's day- 8th of March,73 and 88!

UA3BL

Hi Chermen, 

Greetings from Hungary! Robot wink

HA7DCD,

Zoltan

Hi,

I'm Kasen  from China, and it My first time to contact with ZigBee.

It's been nice to meet everybody !

Hello, Silicon friends,

I have  chosen  these chips for  creation  of something  usefull.

Regards,

Frank

Eastern Europe

Hi,

I have been a user of Silicon labs clock products (si5338 etc) for a several years. Key product features I need are 1) the lowest possible phase noise 2) the ability to use external reference oscillators and most important - field programmability.

Regards...Bill

High Sierra Microwave

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Super Star</font></font> </a> Cla

Hi,I am Cla ,and i am from Shenzhen,China. I am working on the EM35xx platform recently. I am willing to share the experience of developing Ember Zigbee,and i need your help too.

Regards

Cla

Hello, I'm Dave,

About to bite the bullet and transfer from 'stock' 8052 (Nuvaton/Winbond) to mainly take advantage of the development kit and be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.  Also taking advantage of the '340 series with USB interface.  Have lots of existing assembler source that needs re-editing to match the Keil semantics.  This is a major task.

I know nothing of C, and am put off by the fact that most of the examples seem to assume C.  I know the advice is to get down and learn it, but I'm too old and set in my ways to change.  Besides, I work in a very time critical (industrial weighing - not fast - but specific) environment and most C compilations are relatively slow.

Hello @ all ..

I'm Julian from Austria .. hence Autria!=Australia ;-).

Im have a masters degree in Embedded Sytems and have worked on embedded linux sytems for the last year's. Recently I switched to firmware developement for EFM32 and PIC32 micros's which I enjoy very mutch.

Br. Julian

Hello all, apparently I've never bothered to introduce myself.

I'm an Embedded Field Application Engineer specializing in embedded systems and security.

I work for a little company who, among other things, sells and supports SiLabs parts.

Pleased to be here!

Hi. I am Max from Ukraine.

I am a beginner in a embedded world. Hope to get more experience in this field

What we think, we become.

Hi. I am Andrea.  I'm Italian student.

I am a beginner in a embedded system world

Hi all,

I am MV from Serbia. I am in electronics for six years now, with constant will for learning new and interesting things. Worked before with PICs and TI controllers, and now it's time to get to know with EFM32. :-)

Hi All,

I am Laurent from France, I work for a company involved in home automation. And I have started to play with the EFR32MG with Thread & Bluetooth Smart SDK.

Super Star

Where do you work at?

Hello,

I'm Leonardo from Italy, i work in a small company selling services in the embedded systems area and developing own products in the IoT area. My experience ranges from embedded software development, mainly for ARM linux systems, uC firmware development (ARM, AVR32) on free-rtos, embos, FPGA development, mainly Xilinx devices (Spartan, Virtex, Zynq), and digital circuit design.

Leonardo