- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
03-23-2015 02:28 PM - edited 07-20-2015 02:41 PM
This is the overview part of a 12 part video series covering ZigBee Home Automation.
Scroll down to see the requirements, resources, downloads and complete index for this tutorial.
ZigBee application developers that have set up their EM35x Development Kits are ready to begin a basic exercise in creating a pair of ZigBee applications from a blank AppBuilder project and writing their own code. This tutorial walks users through a set of pre-written instructions (based on EmberZNet 5.4.0) to create an HA On/Off Switch and On/Off Light that can talk to each other via a command line interface (CLI). Then custom C code is written using the Application Framework API Guide and EmberZNet API Guide as references, extending the generated applications to allow a button press on the Switch node to remotely toggle an LED on the Light node.
Resulting ISC, C, and firmware files from the completion of the exercise are provided for reference.
- Knowledge: Beginner to Intermediate. ZigBee/ZCL concepts, C code.
- Hardware: EM35x Development Kit
- Ember Desktop 3.2 or later
- EmberZNet 5.4.0 or later
- IAR Embedded Workbench 7.30.1
- ISA3 Utilities 4.3.3 or later
Resources. You should download these for this tutorial.
- Exercise – AppBuilder HA – EM357 – EZN5.4.0.PDF
- ZIP archive with 6 files:
- User Guide - UG110
- You are here: ZigBee Home Automation - Overview and Requirements
- Part I – Launch Ember Desktop and Add Stack
- Part II – Create new Application Framework Configuration for Switch
- Part III – New Configuration for Switch
- Part IV – Build Project in IAR Embedded Workbench
- Part V – Load Application to ZigBee Development Board
- Part VI – Create New Application Framework Configuration for Light
- Part VII – Load Application to Second Node
- Part VIII – Serial Communication Check
- Part IX – Forming the Network
- Part X – On/Off Toggle
- Part XI – Code Tutorial: Hardware Integration for Light
- Part XII – Code Tutorial: Hardware Integration for Switch