si570 NVM

Hello,

I am looking at using the si570, but I am unclear if I can program the NVM or not. I need to reconfigure the si570 for different applications, so I need to reprogram it via the I2C interface. Do I need to reconfigure the si570 every time I power on the device?

Regards,

Guy

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> jmg

Re: si570 NVM

[ Edited ]

Do I need to reconfigure the si570 every time I power on the device?

I don't think SiLabs have any Timing products with EEPROM, they only have OTP->RAM at power on.

If the OTP is either blank, or not the default you want, then yes, you must load the RAM registers, which means you need to reconfigure the si570 every power on of the device 

Re: si570 NVM

glemire wrote:

Hello,

I am looking at using the si570, but I am unclear if I can program the NVM or not. I need to reconfigure the si570 for different applications, so I need to reprogram it via the I2C interface. Do I need to reconfigure the si570 every time I power on the device?

You order them from the factory with your desired start-up frequency. You only need to reprogram them in system if you need to vary that frequency.

In some cases, your distributor may stock "standard" frequencies," which might be more easily obtained than a custom frequency. In that case, if the standard frequency doesn't match what your system requires, you must program the frequency at startup (or whenever).