Highlighted
Accepted Solution

how to programing the SI5351B OTP by soft engineer urgently!!!

SI5351B-B-GM base clock we have spot buy from the AVNET.but my design is changed.

now I want to program the SI5351B-B-GM to SI5351B-B02073-GM,the NVM file i have download from the website,the major problem is i have the programer to load the NVM file into the clock generator memory.

who can hlep me to complete this subject.Thank you very very much!!!!

TonySuen

Novice engineer

Re: how to programing the SI5351B OTP by soft engineer urgently!!!

Tony

Si5351 registers written using the I2C interface are volatile and will revert to their default state when the part is power cycled. If you have a microcontroller in your design that can write to the I2C bus you can always just overwrite any default NVM configuration after power-up with your updated configuration.

There is no way to modify the Si5351 NVM outside of the Silicon Labs manufacturing process, however you can create a custom NVM configuration using the Clock Builder software and Silicon Labs will manufacture custom Si5351 parts for you at no extra charge.

In a Si535x article comment you asked how to obtain the evaluation board for Si535x. Our sales contacts are happy to assist you.

http://www.silabs.com/buysample/pages/contact-sales.aspx

Hi Matt

I have a QFN20 burner and i want to know how to burn the OTP file into clockgenerator.

the reason is our products pilot run is staring and re-ordering the new code material is so long(about 8~12wks).i want to use the same tools to burn the file by myself,this maybe reduce the leadtime.could you let your ATE engineer send us a procure of SI5351 programing introduction,or some equipment that we can prepared.many thanks for your reply before the discussion.also,the another suggestion of open burning method is a very good things for the terminal customers, thank you!

Tony

Novice engineer

Hi Matt

I have a QFN20 burner and i want to know how to burn the OTP file into clockgenerator.

the reason is our products pilot run is staring and re-ordering the new code material is so long(about 8~12wks).i want to use the same tools to burn the file by myself,this maybe reduce the leadtime.could you let your ATE engineer send us a procure of SI5351 programing introduction,or some equipment that we can prepared.many thanks for your reply before the discussion.also,the another suggestion of open burning method is a very good things for the terminal customers, thank you!

Tony

Novice engineer

Tony,

There is no need to burn OTP within the Si5350 device. You can order any configuration you need already burned into the device through Silicon Labs using the Clock Builder software. We do not provide OTP burn details for Si5350.

If production lead-times are a concern you should use a Si5351 device and program it with your custom configuration via I2C. This is the preferred option for fast prototyping, then locking down the configuration with burned OTP through Clock Builder for volume production.

If you will be in constant 'prototyping' mode then Si5351 is the correct device for you.