Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Si5340 EVB ZDB mode Problem

I'm trying to test the ZDB mode on the Si5340-EVB, but the s/w only lets me choose IN2 for the ZDB input, which doesn't make any sense since the datasheet and figure shown in the CBpro s/w shows that OUT3  should be connected to FB_IN (IN3).

I'd then like to switch between IN2 and XA-XB via the INSEL1 pin.

Re: Si5340 EVB ZDB mode Problem

Carson, zero delay mode is not automated in ClockBuilder Pro just yet.  As of today, this is just a placeholder in the latest ClockBuilder Pro (v 1.8) wizard.  We expect to add this feature in a near future release of the application.

I believe you have also opened a support ticket on this, and I will respond shortly with instructions on manually making zero-delay frequency plans in the meantime.  I apologize for any inconvenience, but this feature is definitely in our list of near-term additions to ClockBuilder Pro.  Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, I did open a support ticket (wasn't sure which way would elicit a quicker response.)

I'm still waiting for some instructions for manual setup of ZDB mode. I'll be routing the clock section of the PCB shorlty, and I'd like to be able to test the f/b using the eval board first.

Thank you,

Carson

Not to be impatient, but I still don't have a response to setting up/testing the ZDB mode after 2.5 wks. My board is routed and ready to send for fabrication. It would be nice to be able to test my configuration on the eval board first. I also checked the case I filed, and no response there either. Any idea when I will receive a response?

Thank you.

Please check out the latest version of ClockBuilder Pro.  Zero-delay was added to ClockBuilder Pro in version 2.0.

http://www.silabs.com/products/clocksoscillators/pages/timing-software-development-tools.aspx