I'm looking for an slew rate controlled clock buffer <20MHz, 20ns edges. Programmable better

[ Edited ]

I'm looking for an slew rate controlled clock buffer <20MHz, 20ns edges. Programmable is better. For running SPI signals over longer cables to reduce noise and false triggers. Any ideas on this one?

Thx

John

Re: I'm looking for an slew rate controlled clock buffer <20MHz, 20ns edges. Programmable better

[ Edited ]

For running SPI signals over longer cables to reduce noise and false triggers. Any ideas on this one?

I'd go for diffrential signaling using  e.g. 485/422 transmitters/receivers.

I have used that in the past with great success.

just to avoid a confusion often coming from this reply, NO, I am not saying "change to 485" I am saying "use the single ended to diffrential chips"

erik
Highlighted

Re: I'm looking for an slew rate controlled clock buffer <20MHz, 20ns edges. Programmable better

john_hull wrote:

I'm looking for an slew rate controlled clock buffer <20MHz, 20ns edges. Programmable is better. For running SPI signals over longer cables to reduce noise and false triggers. Any ideas on this one?

I'm with Erik, and I'll further suggest that you go LVDS. The reduced signal swing and required termination ensure good signal integrity.

I did a design which sent I2S (audio clocks and data) over standard Cat5 cable via LVDS and it worked well.