Accepted Solution

silicon lab usb debug adapter not detected

Usb debugger has been working fine for me, but after a windows update simplicity studio has stopped identifying the usb debug adapter. however if i try to connect using silab IDE, it successfully connects to the device.

Re: silicon lab usb debug adapter not detected

Hi @shambo,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Simplicity Studio.  Can you please provide more information about the issue?

What version of Windows is being run?

What debug adapter is being used that is no longer detected?

Does anything show up in the Simplicity Studio Device window when the device is plugged in? Like does the line "J-Link Silicon Labs" show up with the device serial number, but nothing underneath it?

Thank you,

jpitt

Hi, I'm using Windows10, simplicity studio v3 and the silicon laboratory usb debug adapter. Nothing shows up in the device window.

Hi @shambo,

I assume you mean the Silicon Labs USB Debug adapter for 8 bit devices, is that correct?

I'm not sure what the Windows update might have changed, are specifics of what was updated available?

I am running Windows 10 and the USB Debug adapter is detected by Simplicity Studio v3 for me.

Please turn on Device manager logging (from Simplicity IDE select [Window] > [Preferences] > [Device Manager] then click the box next to "log device manager activity to file at:" and click OK.  Then plug in the USB debug adapter (or unplug it and then plug it back in).  Next choose [Help] > [Support] > [Report Bug...] make sure "Export Simplicity Studio log files" is selected, then hit [Next] twice and [Finish] and upload the resulting zipfile to this Forum thread.

Thank you,

jpitt

i hereby attach the zip file. m not sure of the update in windows.

and yes it is the 8-bit usb debugger (EC3000076DD as recognised by silicon laboratories IDE)

m still stuck with the problem. I've tried to connect with your flash utility software, but failed. Any probable solution would be of great help.

I'm having a similar issue. The USB Debugger w/ serial number is recognized by Simplicity Studio but as soon as I attach a board to the Debugger, Simplicity Studio fails to recognize the connection. Another oddity is that the yellow 'Power' LED is staying on, but the 'Run/Stop' LED never blinks or turns on at all (which usually happens when trying to start a connection). 

Were you able to find a solution? 

I discovered a fix that worked for me - download the USB Reset Utility under 'Additional Components' on this page. Run the .exe and plug in your malfunctioning USB Debugger and reset the firmware. 

well I solved my issue by, resorting to previous update of windows. If i again face the problem.. I'll definitely try out your solution. The problem is definitely with the debugger driver.

Nick1 - that worked for me - thanks. Was having the same problem and could not get any of the USB DB to work. Utility got 'em going. Thanks!