Accepted Solution

compile error with GNU ARM v4.9.3

I opened an empty project to check the GNU ARM.

get error:

Thanks arnold

Finished building: ../main.c

Building target: LGL001_0.axf
Invoking: GNU ARM C Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -g3 -gdwarf-2 -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -T "LGL001_0.ld" -nostdlib -L"C:/SiliconLabs/SimplicityStudio/v4/developer/stacks/ble/v2.1.1.0//protocol/bluetooth_2.1/lib/" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Xlinker -Map="LGL001_0.map" -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp --specs=nano.specs -o LGL001_0.axf "./emlib/em_cryotimer.o" "./emlib/em_gpio.o" "./emlib/em_i2c.o" "./emlib/em_msc.o" "./emlib/em_rtcc.o" "./emlib/em_usart.o" "./gatt_db.o" "./main.o" "./src/InitDevice.o" -l:binbootloader.o -l:stack.a -l:binstack.o

LGL001_0.ld:59: undefined symbol `__Vectors' referenced in expression
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [LGL001_0.axf] Error 1

Re: compile error with GNU ARM v4.9.3

in the Problems:

make: ***[LGL001_0.axf]Error 1

Program "arm-none-eabi-g++" not found in PATH

Program "arm-none-eabi-gcc" not found in PATH

undefined symbol `__Vectors` referenced in expression.

I didn't change anything in the example !

Hi @zender64,

GCC support is in "beta" for the BLE 2.3.0.0 stack at this time.  The logs that were posted showed it using the BLE 2.1.1.0 stack, if the empty project was actually created with the BLE 2.3.0.0 stack then there is an error in the project generation.  If not please create the project using the BLE 2.3.0.0 stack.

The basic problem appears to be that the gcc startup code was not included in the project.  In device folder (for example EFR32BG1B) under the CMSIS folder, a link to the appropriate startup_gcc_efr32 .s file should be included (for the example it is startup_gcc_efr32bg1b.s).  It can be dragged from the appropriate location to the project folder and added as a linked file (example folder: C:\SiliconLabs\SimplicityStudio\v4\developer\sdks\gecko_sdk_suite\v1.0\platform\Device\SiliconLabs\EFR32BG1B\Source\GCC)

Thank you,

jpitt

Highlighted

Thanks Jpitt,

I created a new demo projekt ( Thermometer ) and it's the first time I can compile and load in Studio.

Will see what hapens when I put my actuall files in.

Best regards

arnold