Highlighted
Accepted Solution

V3.1 - Target selection not working

[ Edited ]

Hello,

i have a problem with the update to Simplicity Studio V3.1. There is an issue with the target selection.

In the target settings dialog, i can not select the target. The dialog refresh each 5 seconds the comboboxes "Part" and "Target interface" to the default settings. So it is impossible to select a target.

Re: V3.1 - Target selection not working

Hi Frank,

could you clarify which board are you using when you found this issue. 8 bit chip or 32 bit chip? The board is from Silabs or build by yourself?

As far as I know different chip use different interface (for example C2 or SWD).

Fot the Gecho STK, there is a switch and you could change to DBG position after you connect the USB cable.

For 8-bit develep evaluation board, you need pay attention to the jumper position.

If you could provide more detailed information maybe it help others figure out the root cause why there is this issue you have found.

Could you provide the screenshoot for "kit manager", and the dialog you mentioned here.

Denver

WeiguoLu

Hi delu,

I used a EFM32GG390F1024 on my own board, but the STK3700 shows the same behaviour (except clearing Target interface combobox). Always i tried to select a microcontroller in the 'Part' field this is automatically overwritten after some second with "No Part".  So it is also impossible to select a target with the STK3700.

Simplicity_3.1.png

Selecting a target device works with the previous version 3.0.

Could you post the screenshoot for the "kit manager" icon in the home page.

steps:

1. connect the STK3700.

2. Choose STK under the "detected harderware".

3. double click the "kit manager", and post the screenshoot..

Denver

WeiguoLu

Hi Frank,

I've reproduced the issue here and logged a bug for it. We should have a fix for it in the next update.

In the meantime, you can reduce the probability of seeing this issue by increasing the time between device discovery updates. Do this through Preferences > Device Manager > TCF Device Discovery and increase the discovery time for TCF/IP and USB discovery.

--Will

Hi Will, hi Denver,

thanks for the workaround and for your support.

Frank