Unable to edit Characteristics in BLE GATT Configurator

Hi guys,

I've recently installed the latest version of Simplicity Studio directly onto a fresh and fully up-to-date build of Windows 10. I've purchased a Thunderboard Sense and have created a new Bluetooth SDK (2.4.0.1) AppBuilder Project SOC - Empty.

However, when I attempt to edit GATT information from the BLE GATT Configurator, I'm only able to drag and drop new services from the left-hand column, I'm unable to delete or create services/characteristics with all options on the right grayed out and I'm unable to configure any of the characteristics.

Screenshot attached. I've also tried different sample applications, same issue. I've tried the default workspace and one created in Documents, I've tried running Simplicity Studio as Admin.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Re: Unable to edit Characteristics in BLE GATT Configurator

Hi,

This is a studio related issue so I moved it to the correct board.

Regards,

Tiago

Highlighted

Re: Unable to edit Characteristics in BLE GATT Configurator

Hi @GMScribe,

To help give more clues as to what is going on with the Simplicity Studio installation, what happens when you click the "Generate" button?  Please click Generate and then generate a zip file of the Simplicity Studio Logs - [Help] > [Report Bug...] make sure "Export Simplicity Studio log files" is selected, then hit [Next] twice and [Finish] and upload the resulting zip file to either this Forum thread or else to the support case that was created for this thread.

Thank you,

jpitt