Thunderboard Sense: Printing output on Program Output Console (Debugging)

Hi,

I'm new to Thunderboard Sense and having trouble printing text on the output console. I have tried the solution described in this thread http://community.silabs.com/t5/32-bit-MCU/SWO-printf-on-ERF32MG/m-p/187625#M13418. But I'm still not getting any output on the console. I notice that, the Thunderboard Sense example program contains some printf statement but the console does not display any output. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Re: Thunderboard Sense: Printing output on Program Output Console (Debugging)

Hi @mohalim,

I will try and look into this today to get you an answer.  I was able to open teraterm (other terminal emulator programs can be used) and connect to the serial port associated with the J-Link connection and see program output in teraterm, but I need to look into it more as this wasn't a specific printf I added or was trying to see.  The serial port associated with the J-Link can be seen by highlighting the command [Window] > [Preferences] > [Simplicity Studio] > [Adapter Packs] > [Exx32 adapter pack] > [serialsports: $(cptstreamer) -ports, batch] and then clicking the [Bare run] link.

Thank you,

jpitt

Re: Thunderboard Sense: Printing output on Program Output Console (Debugging)

Hi @jpitt,

I've tried using a terminal emulator program and I could see the outputs. I don't understand why they are displayed on the Simplicity Studio console. But at least I can do some debugging although its not so convenient. This should be fixed as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your answer. And thanks for the reply.

mohalim