Highlighted

Things I want to see in Simplicity Studio V4

Hey All,

I've been working with Simplicity V3 for a couple months now, and there are some things i think could be improved. 

Firstly, I would like to see easier library management. When i first started using Simplicity, finding the proper libraries was a pain. To be able to use the libraries in an empty project, I had to dig into the file system to find where the libraries were located. It was a major pain of trial and error. Besides using Configurator, it would be nice find the necessary files quicker. Like a right click on the emlib folder and import emlib libraries, for example.

The math.h library is weird too. I'm not saying it's impossible to find the right post in the forum to figure out what to do, it's just that i have to find the right post in the forum to figure out what to do.

The last thing, which I've discussed with my engineering buddies, is that it would be nice if code documentation was more specific. Is it possible to implement an autocomplete feature? that way i could see what commands are available. It doesn't need to attempt to autocomplete immediately, that would be annoying. Rather, show a list of commands after an underscore. When i type in "CMU_" I want to see what commands I have at my disposal.

Also, are you going to bring back SWO terminal? It was a little weird to get working in V3. I noticed that it was improved in an example i looked at.  A console terminal via the USB was one of the things I've always loved in other microcontroller boards

Good job with the little improvements in Configurator. 

That's my two cents on the subject. Simplicity is pretty easy to use if you read the reference manual and start with direct register access. I think most of the API documentation could be improved.

Re: Things I want to see in Simplicity Studio V4

There actually is an autocomplete feature. You can press Ctrl+Space to use it.

Re: Things I want to see in Simplicity Studio V4

How did I not know this?Smiley Surprised thankyouthankyou!