Highlighted

The device "EC3004BCDFD" is locked by "Debugger Agent:5170".

Before version 4, I could make changes to my code inside the debugger and then click the "bug" icon to rebuild and restart my session. But when I do this with version 4, I'm getting this message :

Exception occurred during launch

The device "EC3004BCDFD" is locked by "Debugger Agent:5170".

The only solution I've found so far is to click the disconnect button and then restart the session by clicking the debug button. Is there a setting I can change that will make it behave the way it did in version 3?

Useful replies only, please.

Re: The device "EC3004BCDFD" is locked by "Debugger Agent:5170".

I could reproduce this but don't figure out solution. It seems we need terminate the old to start a new.

Maybe you could create a ticket in our salesforce.

http://www.silabs.com/support/Pages/default.aspx

WeiguoLu

@WallyWare,

I think you already created a ticket in our salesforce and confirmed this is a known issue and we are working to fix it.

My views are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Silicon Labs

WeiguoLu

Additionally, if you do do the rebuild, and get the message, the debug session has detached from the demo board and won't reattach.  So my workaround has been to unplug the MicroUSB from the demo board, which does seem to free up the lock, and then plug it back in.

Another related bug may be sometimes if hitting the demo board reset button, the sync is lost between the board and the debugger.  Again either power cycling the board, or restarting Studio does the fix.

-Keith