Studio v4 on OSX error with wine trying to call keil compiler

Error from wine trying to all compiler.

OSX 10.11

- JT

21:16:35 **** Build of configuration Keil 8051 vnull - Debug for project u2f ****

make all
PATH=/Applications/SimplicityStudio_v4.app/Contents/Eclipse/developer/toolchains/keil_8051/9.53/BIN:/Applications/SimplicityStudio_v4.app/Contents/Eclipse/support/8051:/Applications/SimplicityStudio_v4.app/Contents/Eclipse/support/common/wine/opt/local/bin:/Applications/SimplicityStudio_v4.app/Contents/Eclipse/support/common/build:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

Building file: ../src/InitDevice.c
Invoking: Keil 8051 Compiler
wine "/Applications/SimplicityStudio_v4.app/Contents/Eclipse/developer/toolchains/keil_8051/9.53/BIN/C51" "@src/InitDevice.__i" || test $? -lt 2
/Applications/SimplicityStudio_v4.app/Contents/Eclipse/support/common/wine/opt/local/bin/wine: line 6: 18131 Illegal instruction: 4  DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="$current_dir/../lib:$current_dir/../../../usr/X11/lib:/usr/lib" "$current_dir/wine.bin" "$@"
make: *** [src/InitDevice.OBJ] Error 1

Re: Studio v4 on OSX error with wine trying to call keil compiler

Hi @JayTee,

I will work with you to figure out this error.  

Have you registered the Keil compiler (Help -> Licensing -> Keil 8051 v9.53)?

Has the Keil compiler ever worked for you?

Are there any other instances of wine installed on your Mac?

Also to help us figure out what is going on with the Keil compiler, please generate a zip file of the Simplicity Studio Logs - [Help] > [Report Bug...] make sure "Export Simplicity Studio log files" is selected, then hit [Next] twice and [Finish] and upload the resulting zip file to either this forum thread or else to a support case created through your Silicon Labs account.

Thank you,

jpitt

Thank jpitt for the offer of help.

I haven't registered Keil yet.

I haven't had Keil working previously.

I have another instance of Wine embedded in MoI CAD program (www.moi3d.com) but Ive had no particular problems with it.

I have since managed to get SSv3 to compile the code (free version not registered) but its over size limit for free version, however the objective is SSv4.

thanks,

JT

I'm experiencing this exact same issue, too! Would love to know what the fix is... Robot Happy

Hi @JayTee,

If you try and get a license for the Keil toolchain (Help->Licensing->Keil 8051 v9.53) what happens?

The log files show that when Simplicity Studio calls the Keil dll (UV4.dll) used to check for licensing isn't getting a response.  If updating the Keil license doesn't work, it could be that the two installed wine installations aren't playing nice together.  (my limited understanding is that all wine installations use the same folder in the user directory and there could be incompatibilities).  After exiting Simplicity Studio, please try and create a symbolic link between where Simplicity Studio installs wine and where the other wine installation is with a variation of these commands based on your installation:

cd /Applications/Simplicity\ Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/support/common/wine/opt/local/bin

ln -s /usr/local/bin/wine ./wine

Please let me know if either licensing the Keil compiler or creating the symbolic link to the wine installation resolves the issue for you.

Thank you,

jpitt