Simplicity studio and f97x

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

does anybody here has any knowledge if there is going to be an update to the configuration wizard 2 so that we will be able to easily configure devices such as c8051f97x, if not will there be a simplicity configurator for this microcontroller family?

thanks for the reply Robot Happy

Re: Simplicity studio and f97x

Hi Lolozaver,

We do have plans to add configurator support for the F97x family to Simplicity Studio. It should be released later this year.

Regards,

Joe

I am currently trying to design the C8051F970 into a project and without the support of a pin configuration utility I am not sure if I should continue.

Is there an alternative to waiting for a release "later this year"?

[ Edited ]

without the support of a pin configuration utility I am not sure if I should continue.

HUH?  it is easy to configure the pins 'manually' just read study the crossbar documentation

when these chips were out first there was no other way, and I have configured a bunch without a pin configuration utility

erik

Does anyone know if the configurator for the C970 has been released for Simplicity Studio?

I checked Simplicity Studio V3 and V4 on my side, Seems we still don't support it yet.

WeiguoLu

The main example F970_capacitive_sense_for_overlay_eval_no_overlay looks like it was developed with a wizard, which is why I was looking for it. It has a number of places where it says "do not modify" because the wizard will overwrite it. But it appears not to be hooked in to the Configurator.  I checked this in 3 and 4.

erikm wrote:

without the support of a pin configuration utility I am not sure if I should continue.

HUH?  it is easy to configure the pins 'manually' just read study the crossbar documentation

when these chips were out first there was no other way, and I have configured a bunch without a pin configuration utility

Highlighted

@ccwnjUsually the project that created with configurator will have 2 file named InitDevice.c and InitDevice.h.

With latest Simplicity Studio (V.5.0.0 SDK) I still could not create a configurator project for C8051F970. I think it was not support yet. 

WeiguoLu