Accepted Solution

Simplicity Studio v4 issues on Ubuntu 16.04

Hi,

I use Ubuntu 16.04 and I'm trying to use the new IDE Simplicity Studio v4.

Is there some Application Notes "how to install"?

I tried to execute the setup.sh, but I get an error that I not able to fix. Anyone know?

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libgles2-mesa-dev:i386 : Depends: libegl1-mesa-dev:i386 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Re: Simplicity Studio v4 issues on Ubuntu 16.04

Hi @uilterwitte,

Unfortunately there isn't an application note for installing on Linux.  You could try running this command to fix the dependency conflict:

sudo apt-get -o Debug:Robot tonguekgProblemResolver=yes dist-upgrade

If that doesn't work then this link has several helpful suggestions:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/140246/how-do-i-resolve-unmet-dependencies-after-adding-a-ppa

Thank you,

jpitt

Hi @jpitt, thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately nothing worked for me =(

I can't find any problems or cases in the internet seems like mine.

Don't you have another tip?

Ubuntu by default no longer installs i386 packages on an x64 system. You need to tell it to do so. And then you can tell it to install the missing packages.

Thank @vanmierlo for your reply.

I already told to Ubuntu to add i386 packages.

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

But the problem persist.
Do you have any idea how solve this?

Hi, 

I fixed the installation problem...

The setup script was requiring some packages and another dependencies.

I executed this command to install..

sudo apt-get install -f libgles2-mesa-dev:i386 libegl1-mesa-dev:i386 libmirclient-dev:i386 libmircommon-dev:i386

After this I executed the setup script without problems... The script resolved another's dependencies and installed the Simplicity Studio v4.

Thanks @vanmierlo and @jpitt for your help and time!

Highlighted

Well done and thanks for reporting back. Maybe someone at SiLabs can turn this into a Knowledge Base article.

Hi @uilterwitte,

Yes, thank you for posting your solution!  @vanmierlo I have marked this down as a post to use for a KB article.

Thank you,

jpitt

I couldn't get Simplicity to install on Ubuntu 12, but I upgraded to 16.04 (I didn't download the more recent version as I wasn't sure you supported it) and the install worked fine.

I have a BGM121 wireless starter kit but with BGM111 plugged in and it looks like it has detected that.

However, it says Preferred SDK: none, and when I click to change there is nothing to select...

Hi @Sili-Chip,

The BGM modules require the Bluetooth Stack.  Access to the Bluetooth Stack is governed by "Signing In" to Simplicity Studio and then clicking the [Update] icon to launch the Package Manager.  On the Package Manager dialog box, click the "Stacks" tab near the top middle of the dialog box.  The Bluetooth SDK - 2.3.1.0 should be available to Install.  Please install that and when the installation finishes close the Package Manager and then click the preferred SDK icon again and the Gecko SDK Suite should be available.  The Bluetooth Stack is part of the Gecko SDK Suite, so the Suite is selected to use that stack.

Thank you,

jpitt