Accepted Solution

Simplicity Studio 3 will not include C language libraries

I have freshly installed Simplicity Studio 3 on Arch linux, there was a package created from the AUR, I have previously installed this and had everything working.

Problem is, now it won't recognise basic C libraries and syntax. I have installed the right SDK's and target parts, but it simply returns syntax errors for anything related to C. I tried to add /bin to the paths in the include section.

I have also tried the steps in this post:

[code]

http://community.silabs.com/t5/32-bit-MCU-Knowledge-Base/Problems-with-C-library-inclusion-in-mbed-p...

[/code]

NOTE: the attached photo shows my first attempt and just before posting this I tried: $(StudioSdkPath)/bin 

I have attached photos of the problem. 

Re: Simplicity Studio 3 will not include C language libraries

Also this is a screenshot of my include folder and it doesn't seem to include the .bin files for gcc etc.

I have now tried /usr/bin to no avail...

Hi @Medicineman2500,

The first screenshot you attached showed the errors were semantic errors, which is an error when the Eclipse indexer cannot resolve a symbol, but it doesn't result in a compilation error.  Does the project build correctly?  The indexer errors can usually be resolved by right clicking on the project folder and selecting [Index] > [Rebuild].  After the indexer finishes rebuilding, if that doesn't resolve the undefined symbols then try [Index]>[Freshen All Files].  Running these two functions will typically resolve the undefined symbols.

Thank you,

jpitt

[SOLVED]

Having looked at a Windows installation of this software I found that there is an entire gcc installed within the SimplicityStudio3 installation folder. I'm used to IDE's like Netbeans where you include from the system directory, a foolish assumption as this is ARM not x86 or x64.

In Linux these are found at:

/opt/simplicitystudio3/developer/toolchains/gnu_arm/4.8_2013q4/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/include-fixed

/opt/simplicitystudio3/developer/toolchains/gnu_arm/4.8_2013q4/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.3/include

and

/opt/simplicitystudio3/developer/toolchains/gnu_arm/4.8_2013q4/arm-none-eabi/include

To avoid any confusion I have attached a photo of the include config page, and of my current include folder within the project window.

Highlighted

@jpitt Yes I had tried that, as per a thread where I believe you made the exact same suggestion. Thank you anyway!! Robot Happy