Reading STK Advanced Energy Monitor output in script

Hello,

I'm working on a programming fixture to test and program boards of a design that uses EFM32G controllers.

As part of the automated tests that need to be run on each board after programming, I'd like to verify the low power consumption of the board in sleep mode. 

I am already using STK boards as programming interface towards the controllers, and it would be very handy if I could use the AEM that is already present on the STK board to get a view on the power consumption. 

Is there a way to get that output from the STK board without having to start Simplicity Studio? This would be a requirement to be able to automate the flow. I've been searching for documentation on the AEM data output but this info does not seem to be readily available.

Thanks,

Lieven.

Re: Reading STK Advanced Energy Monitor output in script

Hi, 

The team are currently working on releasing an api for this in the near future. I'm working to confirm the target and will let you know once it's confirmed. 

Regards,

Ronnie

@ronking

perfect, thank you!

Best regards,

Lieven.

Highlighted

Hi!

We're adding an AEM sample feature to our command-line tool "Simplicity Commander" version 0.16, to be released within mid-May. This should get you what you need for the test setup.

Best regards,

Jørn

Hello @jorn

thank you very much for the update, looking forward to it!

Is there a chance that this feature will be documented so that I can access it from own software? Reason: the programming setup I'm building is based around a Raspberry Pi and I don't think I will be able to install the complete simplicity studio on that device.

And, will this require a firmware update to the STK?

Best regards,

Lieven.

Hi, again,

the Commander is a command-line utility, completely standalone from Studio. It runs on Windows, Linux and OSX.

Do you need it to run on Raspberry Pi?

BR,

Jørn

Hello Jørn,

thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, the whole programming setup (that programs two EFM32's on the application board, runs self-tests, and performs calibration) is implemented on a set of tools that run on a raspberry pi 3.

The programming is done via OpenOCD using two STK boards that run relatively old STK firmware (v0.9p14). The newer STK firmware does not allow programming via OpenOCD anymore. The Segger tools do not run on the Rpi, so that is why I switched to OpenOCD.

It would be very useful if I could also read the power consumption of the board that is programmed as extra production check, hence I'd like to also run this functionality on the Rpi.

Best regards,

Lieven.