Highlighted

Problem with configurator - selecting a part with no board includes BSP and Drivers

I just noticed this issue, using the newest version of Simplicity Studio and the Gecko 5.0 library.

The problem is, when you create a new configurator project for a custom board (i.e. you pick a part, but leave the board section blank) it generates a project with BSP and drivers included for some random board. All you have to do is go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Project Modules and deselect Board Support Package and Board Support Drivers...but it took me a while to figure out, and seems like it would be very confusing for new users, as to why their freshly generated project won't build.

Re: Problem with configurator - selecting a part with no board includes BSP and Drivers

[ Edited ]

Hi Z470,

Thanks for pointing this out to us and posting your solution.  I was able to duplicate the results and we will look into why this is happening with new configurator projects.  I did notice that with an empty C project the BSP and drivers aren't included.

I have created a bug report for this issue, so that we fix it in a future release.

Thank you,

jpitt

Re: Problem with configurator - selecting a part with no board includes BSP and Drivers

jpitt wrote:

Hi Z470,

Thanks for pointing this out to us and posting your solution.  I was able to duplicate the results and we will look into why this is happening with new configurator projects.  I did notice that with an empty C project the BSP and drivers aren't included.

I have created a bug report for this issue, so that we fix it in a future release.

What would be absolutely wonderful is for us to have the ability to define our own board template (processor, peripherpals, associated drivers) and have that be something that can be saved and used for multiple designs.

NB: I don't like to use the term "custom board." I prefer "product," as in, "the product I am designing."