Highlighted

Importing a gatt into Custom BLE Gatt

I'm trying to import a gatt into Custom BLE Gatt for an NCP project. I get the following Error dialog window after selecting the project I want to import the GATT from. Problem loading GATT stream.Feature 'hardware' not found. (file:///c:/SiliconLabs/SimplicityStudio/v4/tempFile.xml, 9, 35) I looked in the v4 directory and there isn't any tempFile.xml file. What generates this file?

Re: Importing a gatt into Custom BLE Gatt

Hi Rick,

I am able to reproduce the issue as well.  I will investigate further and get back to you.  I see the error if I try to import a .bgproj file or a .xml file.

Thank you,

jpitt

Hi Rick,

The problem you see is related to the fact that we have two formats of the .bgproj file structure, and GATT editor's import supports only one of them currently.

The none supported format is when the .bgproj file points to other files. The supported is when it is self-contained.

So the workaround would be to slightly modify the gatt.xml file and try to import it.

1. Rename gatt.xml to gatt_modified.xml
  2. Edit the gatt_modified.xml file and surround the <gatt>…</gatt> part with <project> </project> tags. So you will end up with file like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<project>

<gatt>

… whatever was here originally…

</gatt>

</project>

1. Import the gatt_modofied.xml file

I will investigate how can we support the currently unsupported format.

Regards, Attila

I tried what you suggested but I still get the: Problem loading GATT stream.Feature 'hardware' not found. (file:///c:/SiliconLabs/SimplicityStudio/v4/tempFile.xml, 9, 34) By the way, how do you insert screen shots into the post? I tried copy and paste and that doesn't work.

From the error message, I believe you copied the gatt.xml content into .bgproj file. I suggested to modify the gatt.xml file and import the modified gatt.xml file. (Not the .bgproj file.) Is that the case?

Inserting screenshot: There is a toolbar over the textbox I write the comment . It has a "insert/edit image" button. Did you try that?

Regards, Attila

You were right. I still had the project referencing other files. Once I removed all but the reference to gatt_mod.xml, the gatt_mod.xml file was imported.

Thanks.

I have been using HTML instead of Rich Text.  Thanks for that info.