Fail Debug "SiAgent launched but did not report its status"

I'm using Simplicity Studio v4 and a C8051F340. When I put a debug session, it marks error and put "SiAgent launched but did not report its status". I have siagentc8051.exe in the installation, but It isn't in the task manager of Windows 10. 

I know that is not problem of the USB Debug Adapter because I can download code with the option Flash Programmer.  I don't know what happened with Simplicity Studio v4.

Regards,

Norberto Jiménez

Re: Fail Debug "SiAgent launched but did not report its status"

Please enable adapter pack logging by going to [Window] > [Preferences] > [Simplicity Studio] > [Adapter Packs] and clicking the box next to "Adapter pack log" at the bottom of the dialog box.  Then in the same dialog box click the "Adapter pack for c8051 Devices" and select the line that starts with "siagentc8051: siagentc8051.exe for win32.x86_64" and then click "Bare run".  Please copy the output from the siagentc8051.exe dialog box.  Also please generate a Simplicity Studio zip file of the Simplicity Studio logs and attach that zip file to this forum topic as well ([Help] > [Report Bug...] make sure "Export Simplicity Studio log files" is selected, then hit [Next] twice and [Finish]).

Thank you,

jpitt

These are the files.

Note that SiAgent did make nothing

Hi @NorbertoJ,

Please look for files that follow the pattern siagentc8051_*.txt in the directory C:\SiliconLabs\SimplicityStudio\v4\developer\adapter_packs\c8051 and upload any of those files as well.

Thank you,

jpitt

Hi @jpitt

There are the files in the C8051 folder. 

Regards,

Norberto Jiménez

Hi @NorbertoJ,

There aren't any log files in the c8051.zip file.  Also it doesn't appear adapter pack logging was enabled on the Simplicity Studio dialog box at [Window] > [Preferences] > [Simplicity Studio] > [Adapter Packs].  Please click the Adapter pack log checkbox on that screen and then hit OK.  Then attempt to launch SiAgent again so that entries are created in the adapter pack log file.

Thank you,

jpitt

Highlighted

hi @jpitt

Let me send the files again.

Regards,

Norberto Jiménez