Star

Can't sign in to Simplicity Studio v4

Hi, I recently installed Simplicity Studio v4. After a day or so use it crashed and could no longer find a component it needed to startup. So, I un-installed and re-installed Simplicity Studio. The re-install seems to have worked, however, now I am unable to sign in. When I try to sign in, I get the following warning (error) message: Failed to log in please check user name and password Reason: java.net.ConnectionException: Connection refused: connect Failed to send request to "https://siliconlabs.force.com/services/Soap/c/38.0" I double checked that the user name and password (the same one's I used to sign into this forum) are correct. I tried clearing the stored credentials and attempting to sign in, same result. The software has been updated to the latest version. Does anybody know what else I would need to do to solve this sign in issue? Thanks, Steve

Re: Can't sign in to Simplicity Studio v4

Hi @smaka5,

Do you know if your company uses a proxy server for internet access?  The message that was highlighted means that Simplicity Studio can't access the Silicon Labs Salesforce site to verify the Sign In credentials.  This can be tested from within Simplicity Studio by typing CTRL+3 and then typing "internal Web Brower" in the quick access search box.  After clicking the link to launch the internal web browser enter this url: https://siliconlabs.force.com and hit enter.  That should go to the Silicon Labs log in page, if an error is shown instead that means access to that website is being blocked.  In that case this Community Forum post and its links has information on how to setup the proxy settings within Simplicity Studio and also which URLs Simplicity Studio needs access to in order to download updates:

http://community.silabs.com/t5/Simplicity-Studio-and-Software/Troubleshooting-Studio-Server-Connecti...

Thank you,

jpitt

Star

Hi jpitt, I am able to log in to the Silicon Labs web page using your internal web page steps outlined. Note: I already had to previously setup the proxy to get the software updates, example code and documents. That all works. Anything else I should try? Thanks, Steve

[ Edited ]

Hi @smaka5,

Can you please generate and upload a zip file of the Simplicity Studio log files? ([Help] > [Report Bug...] make sure "Export Simplicity Studio log files" is selected, then hit [Next] twice and [Finish] and attach the resulting zipfile.)

Thank you,

jpitt

Star

Hi jpitt, I have attached the requested zip file with the logs. Thanks, Steve

Hello,

is there an update on this issue? I have the same problems in my company.

I can see the website in the internal browser but after login it loads forever.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Martin