Accepted Solution

Some bugs in Simplicity Studio Radio Configurator

Radio Configurator for EZR32 is useful tool, but now it contains some annoying bugs. Generated headers files are ok, but changes in project file - no. So, let's see what happens after button Generate was pressed.

radio configuration.jpg

This is project structure before pressing the button. Note that Debug configuration is active and file1.c is disabled.

project explorer - before.jpg

Now you can see that None Toolchain configuration is active, file1.c became enabled and folder emlib is disabled. Also I want to note that None Toolchain Configuration didn't exist previously.

project explorer - after.jpg

Linked Resources before pressing the button. The Extern_Path is listed as relative.

linked resources - before.jpg

Now it was changed to absolute location.

linked resources - after.jpg

Include directories before pressing the button. At the first position - ${ProjDirPath}/Inc.

paths and symbols - before.jpg

Now active configuration No toolchain, path ${ProjDirPath}/Inc doesn't exist and in addition to relative path ${ProjName}/RadioConfig the absolute path to the same location was added.

paths and symbols - after.jpg

If we look at previously active Debug configuration we may see that ${ProjDirPath}/Inc now at the last position.

paths and symbols 2 - after.jpg

Just in case I attached project in "before" state to this post.

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> rev

Re: Some bugs in Simplicity Studio Radio Configurator

Hi Dmitriy1, i found the same issue.

Thought i was going mad.

So please silabs can you answer this one.

And now on my custom ezr32lg230 project i can not get an rx.

So is the radio configuation ok....i am starting to think not.

paul

Hi, Paul

The workaround for me at the moment is additional empty project only for radio configuration isc-file. And generated header files are included into the main project. Now when I'am playing with radio setup, it doesn't influence to the main project file. If you're interested you can see simple project with this structure that I attached to the first post of this topic:

http://community.silabs.com/t5/Wireless/High-current-consumption-by-EZRadioPRO-in-Standby-mode/m-p/1...

Dmitriy

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> rev

Hi Dmitriy, luckily i had a backup on an external hard drive so unplugged that before it updated the project. So was able to restore the project. Just seems crazy that updating the radio setup crashes the project.

Paul

Sorry guys, your perfectly right. It looks like the developers also realized it, because we're currently testing the upcoming Simplicity version, and all of these seems to be fixed. The release is planned to be in december, I don't know the exact date.

Is there any chance of getting hold of a beta version of simplicity studio before the release ?

Paul

Sorry, I don't think so.

Thank you very much for all details. Can you please document the way in which you created the Empty_Project? Which wizard did you use?

Also, can you please add the Simplicity Studio log files. Go to Help >> Support >> Report Bug..., and then create a zip file that you can attach to this posting. Thank you.

There's a simpler workaround, but it has limitations: The issue is GCC only, the configurator works perfectly with IAR. And I think most of the examples should fit in the 32k size-limited free edition of IAR (except SimpleTRX with ACK and probably rangetest).

I created the error very easily on a project yesterday.

Simply created a dirext rx project for my dev kit and opened up the radio configurator and pressed generate without making any changes and i had the issue.

Dont want to go down the IAR path but thanks for the suggestion

Paul

Hi, Sead

As long as I remember I created the Empty_Project by Simplicity Studio menu: Project >> New >> Silicon Labs MCU Project >> Next >> Empty C Program.

Also, as you requested I attached Simplicity Studio log files to this message. And just in case I also attached project in state when button Generate was pressed.

Dmitriy

Highlighted

Sorry guys it took so long: Todays update fixed this issue.