RAIL short SYNC word

Hi,

I'm experimenting with a SYNC word of 8 bits in RAIL on an EFR32, but I cannot receive anything in this case. When I use 32 bits it works as expected. Is this somehow not supported?

Maarten

Re: RAIL short SYNC word

I have a 32 bit CRC enabled with CRC Input Padding and it seems my packet still needs to be a multiple of 32 bits. Does Input Padding maybe not work?

The documentation (AN971) seems to say that padding only applies when the whole packet is smaller than the CRC width. That implies to me that it should just work for any packet larger than this width and not that it must be a multiple of it.

I would really appreciate if someone in the know from SiLabs would shed some light on this. Is this a bug in the wireless configurator which accidentally includes the SYNC word in the CRC even though the configurator shows a red line only under the payload? Or is the offset of the CRC set wrong?

If the SYNC word + payload length really must be a multiple of the CRC size, how can variable packet length work then? Or does variable packet length only work with an 8 bit CRC?

And another week has passed without any answers.