Highlighted

Is it possible to operate Sink in Sensor and Sink application between 2.4GHz and 868MHz selectivley?

Hi,

I am using EFR32MG dual band board with 2.4GHz/868MHz bands. It is having separate RF-Frontends for both bands but having common PGA.

I would like to know whether is it possible to switch the Sink(coordinator) between both 2.4GHz and 868MHz(multiband) selectively (not simultaneously) to receive sensor data from 2.4GHz and 868MHz End-devices.

Is there are any reference examples or could anyone provide some hints?. 

Thank You.

Regards,

Ugesh Malempati.

Re: Is it possible to operate Sink in Sensor and Sink application between 2.4GHz and 868MHz selectiv

Hi Ugesh,

It is not possible with the Connect stack.

If you are implementing a proprietary protocol with the RAIL API, it is possible to switch bands.

Regards,
Tamás
Silicon Labs

Re: Is it possible to operate Sink in Sensor and Sink application between 2.4GHz and 868MHz selectiv

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for your kind reply. I am using FLEX SDK 1.0.1. Is there are any examples for switching between the bands with RAIL/FLEX in Simplicity Studio?.

Thank You.

Regards,

Ugesh Malempati.

Hi Ugesh,

There is no such example, however it is not complicated. You have to create a new config in a separate project in Studio for the other band, and when the radio is in idle, you can reconfigure it using the RAIL_RadioConfig function.

See the changeRadioConfig function in app_main.c of any Studio sample app.

Regards,
Tamás
Silicon Labs

Hello Tamas,

I will try your suggestion and come back to Sensor and Sink application, Is the baud rate 115200 is fixed or can I select different baud rate on both sensor and sink. I tried to change it to 38400 but after uploading application on to the boards and selecting serial 1 on launch console getting no response. Is there any way to get slower data rate?.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ugesh Malempati.

Hi Ugesh,

Do you have issues with 115200 bauud when connecting to the PC or do you want to connect the UART to something else?

Regards,
Tamás
Silicon Labs

Hello Tamas,

I would like to see the sink sensor data via UART through in another PC terminal like Hterm etc.. for this I tried to change the baud rate but not working. For this, I have enabled UART in the sink main.c and I can see data on Hterm via UART with expansion header only at 115200 baud.  

Regards,

Ugesh Malempati.

Hi Ugesh,

It is a bug that this project uses hardcoded baudrate.

To fix it, in main/EFR32/main.c

emberSerialInit((uint8_t)APP_SERIAL, (SerialBaudRate)BAUD_115200, (SerialParity)PARITY_NONE, 1); \

should be replaced with

emberSerialInit((uint8_t)APP_SERIAL, (SerialBaudRate)APP_BAUD_RATE, (SerialParity)PARITY_NONE, 1); \

Then it will use the setting that is configured in appbuilder.

Regards,
Tamás
Silicon Labs

Hello Tamas,

I have changed the BAUD_115200 to APP_BAUD_RATE it works fine but when I tried with different baud rate like changing APP_BAUD_RATE  BAUD_115200 to APP_BAUD_RATE  BAUD_9600 and in the same way EMBER_AF_BAUD_RATE 9600 and hitting enter in the console is not showing anything. 

Generally, it should pop up like sink or sensor in the console serial 1 but no result.  

It is only working at 115200. How can I switch to other lower baudrate like as I mentioned above?.  

I have changed baud in flex-configuration.h and .isc also but no use. I would like to read sensor data with lower baud rate, not at 115200. How can I do this?.

Thank You.

Regards,

Ugesh Malempati.

@ugesh

What are you using to connect the UART to the PC? The WSTK can only handle 115200.