- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
09-05-2017 07:45 AM - last edited on 09-05-2017 09:04 AM by jpitt
I am new with Silabs products and ARM MCU.
I am a student and I must realize a prototype for a company.
What I need to do:
- A program with UART communication and a range test for a sub-GHz frequency of 868MHz. I made a customized card with an EFR32FG12P431F1024GM48.
I think the best solution is to use emlib for UART and RAIL for RF. But I do not know how to create a new project.
The solutions I have tried are:
- New Project -> Silicon Labs AppBuilder Project -> Silicon Labs Flex SDK -> RAIL: Simple TRX -> Generate
Several BSP errors !
I saw in HAL->Board Header Configuration->Custom created header I can open a custom header but I don't know how to make one
- New project -> Silicon Labs AppBuilder Project -> Silicon Labs Flex SDK -> Start with a blank application -> Plugins: RAIL Common -> Generate
Many errors with missing files !
- New Silicon Labs Project (Hardware Configurator)
I can build the project but I don't know how to use the RF part
The differents documents / videos I have seen are for starter kits and they don't seem to work for a custom board.
Have you any specific documentation for a custom board ?
What is the easiest way to create a new project? from an example? If so, what is the difference between RAIL and Connect?.
I'm sorry for my writing, English isn't my first language
IDE : Simplicity Studio V4
SDK: Flex SDK 18.104.22.168
Kit : Custom Board