Highlighted

Error flashing: EFR32BG + RAIL + SimplicityStudio4

Hi all,

Trying to run an example program (tried all of them) for RAIL on BlueGecko EFR32BG(4100) board using Blue Gecko Wireless Starter Kit. No errors while generating and then compiling. But, then I am getting following error when I try to download the program.

"Can not preserve data in partially written pages without MCU information available. Use --force or --device to proceed". (see attachment)

Did anyone encountered this problem. The steps I followed are:

1.Selected the radio board 4100 in the Simplicity 4 launcher 

2. Clicked new project and selected silicon labs rail framework & choose one of the sample application

3. Click generate button in "silicon labs rail framework" window

4. When done, press debug button.

Then I get the mentioned error.

Rail SDK version: 1.3.1.0

Any help much appreciated!!!

Regards,

Kiran

Re: Error flashing: EFR32BG + RAIL + SimplicityStudio4

I tried on BRD4100A board, seems that there is no such problem. Perhaps the problem is related to the Simplicity Studio. Have you tried with the latest Simplicity Studio?

Juanyong

Hi,

Thanks for testing at your side.
I use simplicity studio 4. Is there a version later than this?

Can this error happen due to locked debug access as in:

http://community.silabs.com/t5/Simplicity-Studio-and-Software/How-to-unlock-a-locked-device-or-mass-...

The error says the mcu information is not present. Use --device. Is there a way to set the mcu information using the --device flag?

Thanks & regards
Kiran

Hi,
Update. I tried to do the same with mighty gecko radio board and I was able to program it successfully.
So it definetly is the problem with efr32bg radio board.
Regards,
Kiran

Update:

The mighty gecko cannot be programmed anymore.

After programming the mighty gecko radio board (4150A) with the sample trx RAIL program, I disconnected the board, conencted it again tried to program the same sample application. Now it shows the same error (MCU information not available).

It seems like this has something to do with the flashing. Something happens after the first programming.

Regards,

Kiran

Update:

Seems like the switch to select Battery/USB/AEM on WSTK was towards Battery(and there was no battery) and that caused the issue in mighty gecko. Changing the switch to AEM solved the issue.

When I used the BlueGecko board, the switch was towards AEM, so this doesn't explain the problem with BG board. I will confirm whether the switch was towards AEM when using BG board and post it tomorrow.

Regards,

Kiran