Confusing datasheet Si106x Si108x

Hello, I am starting to work with the Si1062 and I found a lot of confusing things in the datasheet. 

Any of you are working with the same datasheet and can understand certain things like next ones?

Si106x contain two parts , one 8051 MCU and a radio inside the same chip. Both parts are also sold separately.

Because of that, a lot of pins from MCU are connected to the radio internally, and others not connected, and others connected to external pins... Very difficult to know.

In the datasheet, Silabs copy-pasted both datasheets from both individual chips, but with confusing information.

Here is the datasheet: http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/TechnicalDocs/Si106x-8x.pdf

What it says about pin configuration:

1. "Note: P0.7, P1.0, P1.1, P1.2 and P1.3 are internally connected to the radio peripheral. P1.7 and P2.0 – P2.6 are not internally or externally connected." PAGE 19.
  2. "Note: P0.7, P1.2, P1.5, P1.6 and P1.7 are internally connected to the radio peripheral. P1.0, P1.1, P1.3, P1.4, P2.2, P2.3, P2.5, and P2.6 is not externally or internally connected." PAGES 228 and others
  3. Also, in the Radio part, PAGE 238, there is this table: 

radio pins table.PNG

4.  In this table, and others, there are pins that doens't exist in this device. ¿Why?

ports not used.PNG

I think point 2 (repeated for all over the datasheet) is a mistake. Also I can't use Pin 1.4, with Keil, the P1^4 sbit register doesn't change ever, it is always 1.

It could be fine from Si-labs team that provided a graphic information about which lines and how are internally connected. It will be a lot helpfully designing a new PCB.

If someone more thing I am ok, Silabs must revise the datasheet.

Thank you!

Highlighted

Re: Confusing datasheet Si106x Si108x

Hi ffraga,

You are right, 1. and 3. are correct but 2. is incorrect. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will correct the mistake in the next revision of the datasheet.

Table in 4. is not absolutely correct however you won't try to measure voltage on an unavailable GPIO.

P1.4 is available externally and should work as GPIO.

Regards,
Tamás
Silicon Labs