Cannot program EFR32 with Flex/Gecko 2.4/915 MHz board to transmit continuous DSSS signal at 915 MHz

[ Edited ]

I have a Flex Gecko 2.4/915 MHz system attached to the EFR32. I need to be able to program the board to transmit a continuous DSSS signal at 915 MHZ. Most of the time, whenever I try to run a compile, I get an error "File generation failed. Error: null"

I was able to get an application to load and run, earlier, but all attempts since then have resulted in this failure.

How do I set the board up and program it to continuously transmit a DSSS signal with a bandwidth of 500 kHz? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software at least 6 times on 2 different computers. It seems like I can pick a configuration, customize it, and generate once, but never again. And, of course, I have never been able to figure out the correct configuration.

Re: Cannot program EFR32 with Flex/Gecko 2.4/915 MHz board to transmit continuous DSSS signal at 915

I have absolutly  same question! Silabs, please give us any working radio_config.c as example for 868/915 TX/RX

I can transmitt such signals, but radio can not "hear" this signal. Tried different speed, SF factors, RX BW, devation - it doesn't help

Re: Cannot program EFR32 with Flex/Gecko 2.4/915 MHz board to transmit continuous DSSS signal at 915

Hi DASM,

Could you please let me know the required RF parameters?
What version of the RAIL and studio are you working with?

(I suggest you to use the RailTest Sample application for RF testing.)

Regards,

Maria

Now I tried  "Connect profile", works fine. Later, I changed DSSS SF = 8  to SF = 32 and also works fine. Finnaly I reduced bitrate to 1 kbps and deviation to 8 kHz ( Studio calculates receiver bandwidth 48 kHz, it is OK for me, because my crystal is onlu 20 ppm, TCXO is too expensive for my app) . Now all works fine, will to find optimal configuation for maximum distance. Thank you Silabs! How do you think, is this setup good enough for low bitrate but long distance communication without TCXO?