Si8274 audio amplifier reference

Hello,

I would like to use si8274 as 2000w class D Audio Amplifier,i would like to recommendation of output mosfet,capacitors and Inductors for 4ohm,+/-250V. 

Re: Si8274 audio amplifier reference

Deepak,

If you have any specific questions on how to use our driver in a given application, I can help answer those questions. However, there are just too many variables for me to make a specific recommendation for switch devices and filter components. 

Joe

Hello Sir,

Thanks for reply,I would to know capacitors and Inductors current and material characteristics,and their values,and also like to know mosfet safe operate voltage and frequency characteristics for decide mosfet for audio amplifier for  +/- 250v. 

I am sorry but these are essentially the same questions you asked before. 

To help you get started, I can tell you that if your supply is +/- 250V, then you will need MOSFET devices designed to handle at least 250V. The frequency information will be determined by your design. I can tell you that your switching frequency will need to be at least 10x the highest frequency you intend your amplifier be able to handle. The values of the capacitors and inductors will need to be such that the filter they create will filter out your switching frequency yet still allow the highest frequency you want your amplifier to operate at to pass. 

You see, there are a number of design factors that you haven't provided me. You will need to determine these parameters and use that to select the size and value of your components. I cannot do this for you. 

If you have any questions specific to the use of our device, I will be happy to help you. But I cannot design your circuit for you.

Joe

Hello Sir,

Thanks for reply,those factor you tell us,that already we know,we just like to know company any specific recommendation of components,because some company recommend specific components and 

layout recommendation.

[ Edited ]

I think I understand you better. We don't typically recommend a specific vendor for MOSFET's or other components in this case. Whatever vendor can supply the components that will work for your needs would work for this design. 

As for layout recommendations, again this will highly depend on the amplifier itself. However, you may find some inspiration from the reference design we have on our web site. I don't know if the kit itself is still available for sale or not. But you should be able to get the design documents to see how the layout was done. 

You can find the reference design here:

http://www.silabs.com/products/development-tools/audio-and-radio/si824x-class-d-audio-reference-desi...

I hope this is helpful,

Joe

Hello Sir,

Thanks for reply,As you mention your reference design,In this only design and schematic,but not pcb layout recommendation ,because we would like to design in two layer mode,and so if possible ,give layout recommendation.