- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
06-30-2017 05:09 AM
I'm using si7013 for low power application as illustrate below, and i'm little bit confuse regarding auxiliary setting.
1. In order to save power between auxiliary measurements, do i need to set VOUT bit each time i execute auxiliary measurement and at the end to clear VOUT bit in order to save power ?
2. In this mode of operation, do i need to set VIN_BUF bit ? does it improve power consumption ?
3. Using the resistors above, what should be the setting of VREFP bit ? according to my calculation it should be set to VDDA as A/D reference source since Vp-Vn > 0.625V.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-30-2017 01:09 PM - edited 07-05-2017 01:00 PM
1. For that particular application circuit, VOUT should be brought high when measurements are taken. To save power between analog input measurements, VOUT should be brought low, allowing the resistor string to be powered down.
2 & 3. The buffer is needed for high impedance sources or for larger input ranges with respect to VDD. For this circuit, the buffer should be used.