March 2017 Member Spotlight: nikodean1

by Administrator Siliconlabs on ‎03-06-2017 09:13 AM

We are featuring one of the Silicon Labs Community members who is active or new in the community on a monthly basis to help members connect with each other.

Meet our March member of the month: nikodean1

featured member2.png

Q: Congrats on becoming our featured member of the month! Can you introduce yourself to our community members?

I'm located in Kingston, Jamaica, and run https://www.kompulsa.com. I became interested in engineering when my sister introduced me to electricity via a light bulb project when I was in school.

Q: How did you know about the Silicon Labs Community?

I learned about Silicon Labs when a friend of mine, Davis Foster recommended your MCUs.

Q: You recently posted the EFM8-Powered Plug And Play Solar Concept project in the community. What's the motivation behind building the project?

The motive of the plug and play solar system project was to assess the viability of highly integrated/factory-built solar systems, with the intent to cut the labor (and possibly 'soft costs') costs associated with installation.

Q: What advice would you give to someone new to the community?

No question is stupid. Robot Happy We all had to learn the basics at some point.

Q: Thanks for answering the questions. Any final comment?

The technology at our fingertips today (for example: MCU kits, and highly integrated IoT solutions like the Thunderboard Sense) are providing a tremendous opportunity to address some of the pressing problems the world currently faces. I hope to see more people take advantage of such opportunities.