Employee Spotlight – Lizi George

by Administrator llooper ‎07-06-2017 09:00 AM - edited ‎07-10-2017 03:30 PM

Lizi George joined Silicon Labs in January 2014 as an Applications Engineer on the Power Products team. In her role, she works on a unique blend of creative technical projects, customer issues and improvements and validation of our Applications software and hardware.

spotlight-banner1.jpg

Lizi began her career at Silicon Labs as an NCG (new college graduate). During her time here, she said she’s received “invaluable support, mentorship and feedback” from her coworkers. Her favorite thing about Silicon Labs is “the investment we’re making in college students and new graduates through our intern and NCG programs.”

According to her manager, Chris Parsons, the speed in which Lizi moved from an NCG to the level as a more senior engineer was “extraordinary.” In just a few months, Lizi went from an NCG learning the ropes to being the primary on-site engineer supporting a major customer in China during a fab migration crisis. Chris said.

Professionally, Lizi is a great example of our corporate values. “She continually challenges herself to do better, learn more and has clear focus on what end result she’s working towards,” Chris said.

In her free time, Lizi is an avid swing dancer and serves on the board of Austin Swing Syndicate, a local nonprofit devoted to the care and growth of the Austin swing and Lindy Hop dance community. When we asked Lizi where she’d go if she could visit any place in the world, she said, “I would visit Dar es Salaam, Tanzania because my brother lives there and I haven’t reciprocated since his visit to Austin.”

Lizi, thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to Silicon Labs. We are proud to have you on our team!

Lizi George_blog.jpg