Highlighted
Accepted Solution

how to control beacon frame duration ?

Hello everyone. 

When sleepy device lost parents node, the device sends data by a defined number(EMBER_AF_PLUGIN_END_DEVICE_SUPPORT_MAX_MISSED_POLLS). 

After that, the device begins send beacon frame. 

The beacon frame duration is 2.3 s. It causes current issue. 

In this case, how to control beacon frame duration ? I had tried to control the value (EMBER_AF_PLUGIN_NETWORK_FIND_DURATION). There is no change. 

Thanks.

DDDD.png

Re: how to control beacon frame duration ?

Take a look at the End Device Support plugin.  Specifically look at the file end-device-move.c.  You can increase the interval of beaconing, but I don't believe it is possible to made the beacon shorter.

However, I think you should look at why your end device is losing it's parent.  In a well configured network, this shouldn't be an issue and when it is, it occurs so infrequently that it shouldn't be much of a current draw.

Re: how to control beacon frame duration ?

I have to consider abnormal too because there is a possibility that the gateway may have a problem. Anyway, the problem that occur current draw is module executing rejoin process(emberAfPluginEndDeviceSupportMoveNetworkEventHandler). 

This function starts rescanning all channel.

Actually, such case could not be a problem but It`s not suitable for my case. 

Thanks for your opinion.

Re: how to control beacon frame duration ? d

I have to consider abnormal too because there is a possibility that the gateway may have a problem. Anyway, the problem that occur current draw is module executing rejoin process(emberAfPluginEndDeviceSupportMoveNetworkEventHandler). 

This function starts rescanning all channel.

Actually, such case could not be a problem but It`s not suitable for my case. 

Thanks for your opinion.