- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
01-12-2015 04:48 AM - last edited on 08-09-2016 06:26 AM by Siliconlabs
I'm new to the ember zig-bee EM357... any AT-commands is there to communicate for serial communication with ember zig-bee ...help me ....
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-12-2015 11:51 AM
The SiLabs dev kits assume you're writing your own firmware for the EM357, so while the application framework provided does have an ASCII-based CLI (command line interface) for driving the state machines in the application and guiding the stack, this isn't quite the same as having an AT-style command set for simplified interaction with a human or MCU on the hosting side.
If you're interested in more modem-like AT command set behavior, there are EM357-based modules out there offered by third parties who provide firmware like this. Examples include:
* Telegesis ETRX3 modules - See http://www.telegesis.com/products/etrx3-based-products/etrx3-zigbee-module/.
* CEL ZICM3 MeshConnect modules - See http://meshconnect.cel.com/.
* Digi XBee ZB modules - See http://www.digi.com/products/wireless-wired-embedded-solutions/zigbee-rf-modules/zigbee-mesh-module/...
These modules all have available firmware with a simple serial interface similar to a modem.
The views represented in this post are the independent views of the author and don't necessarily represent the official views of Silicon Labs.
04-23-2016 06:11 AM
About the Telegesis ETRX3 modules. We have widget inventory manufactured with the Telegesis
ETRX357HR-LRS module. SI acquired / purchased Telegesis. David Chalmers is gone. With respect to the Telegesis acquisition. Who is now supporting the Telegesis firmware ? Where do I download the Telegesis latest em357 firmware with the modem-like AT command set behavior?
St Louis, Missouri USA