When should we use zdo bind request?

I'm using the Smartthings hub and sensors, I found they do not use ezmode-commissioning, the only use the normal form/join network and zdo bind request to ask the sensor report attr. My question is when should we use zod bind, and when to use ezmode-commissioning? What's the benifts of each method? And why Smartthings hub choose to send bind request as a developers' vision? Thanks!
<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> YK

Re: When should we use zdo bind request?

EZ-Mode is original designed to make all of join/identify/binding process in totally automatic way. However, I seldom see real application use EZ-Mode in field deployments. Most of deployments are still using transitional approach which is enable permit join on coordinator to allow device to join and coordinator send ZDP binding request to bind devices.

If my reply answers your question, please click on "Kudo"s or "Accept as Solution"s to benefit others who have the same issue.

YK Chen