Highlighted
<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Star</font></font> </a> DY

UART on Mighty Gecko wireless starter kit problems

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am trying to communicate with EFR32MG12 with Zigbee firmware. Stack version is EmberZNet 5.9.2.0, and I started with a customized Home Gateway HA application.

I connect UART pins in expansion header on mainboard to an hyperterminal running on Windows (CoolTermWin). I have problems to connect. When I try, an error message appears, which say "Serial Port Error. Break condition". The configuration used is 115200 bauds, no parity, 8 data bits and 1 stop bit. No hardware/software flow control. Macro COM_USART0_ENABLE is set in the firmware.

Is there any other configuration I need to communicate using uart ports?

Thank you,

Daniel

Re: UART on Mighty Gecko wireless starter kit problems

Looks like a Silicon Labs engineer already replied to your privately via our case system, suggesting your troubles may be due to trying to use the expansion head pins on the WSTK mainboard without disabling the USB-to-UART bridge mux on the board, which means the UART traffic is deflected towards the USB port rather than the USART pins.

_z_

--------
The views represented in this post are the independent views of the author and don't necessarily represent the official views of Silicon Labs.

Re: UART on Mighty Gecko wireless starter kit problems

Looks like a Silicon Labs engineer already replied to your privately via our case system, suggesting your troubles may be due to trying to use the expansion head pins on the WSTK mainboard without disabling the USB-to-UART bridge mux on the board, which means the UART traffic is deflected towards the USB port rather than the USART pins.

_z_

--------
The views represented in this post are the independent views of the author and don't necessarily represent the official views of Silicon Labs.