Spiflash Storage Bootloader for EFR32MG1B732F256GM32

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to create a Gecko Bootloader project as described in UG266.  I want to use the MG's integrated serial flash to store the image.  To that end, I modified the project's SPI driver configuration with the following settings:

USART: 1

MOSI: F6, TXLOC 30

MISO: C7, RXLOC 11

CLK: C9, CLKLOC 12

CS: C6

Baud rate: 2000000

I also added support for the ISSI IS25LQ040B part, which is what is integrated onto this EFR32 chip.  

When I debug the bootloader, however, SPI communications fail.  Specifically, the device ID command returns a manufacturer and device ID of 0x00, when I would have expected 0x9d and 0x16, respectively.  

I have also built the bootloader project from protocol\zigbee_5.9\tool\bootloader-efr32mg1b732f256gm32.  It runs perfectly and successfully identifies the integrated serial flash.

What's the difference between the two bootloaders that could cause one to work with the integrated serial flash, but not the other?

Thanks for any assistance.

Highlighted

Re: Spiflash Storage Bootloader for EFR32MG1B732F256GM32

Hi Bananaman,

I'm not sure why this is happening. It should respond properly based on the correct selections you seem to have made when configuring the Gecko Bootloader project. I'll check with the developers and see if I can get you some information.

In the meantime, could you let me know if the bootloader is otherwise functioning? That is, if you have an application loaded on the chip, does the bootloader run it?

Best,
-Alex