Accepted Solution

Problem modifying sample thread border router

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to make minor changes to the sample thread border router code on the RD-0004 RPi router.  I followed UG102 and things work fine with that and my EFR32MG12 end devices.  Right now, I'm just trying to change the the web interface a little.  I modified a few files in  /opt/siliconlabs/threadborderrouter/border-router-management-ui sub-folders, but not all of the modifications 'take effect'.

For instance, I changed references to the logo PNG images in the About.react.js and ControlPanel.react.js files, and that worked.  I made a few changes (changed some text on the Home web page) in the DeviceListControl.react.js file, but those changes do take effect - they don't show up on the Home web page.  I've made sure my browser cache was cleared.

Also, in UG116 it talks about creating and generating the border router management example, I presume in Simplicity.  I do not see any Software Examples for that.  And it talks about using gulp to build the web server app, with code in the /opt/siliconlabs/threadborderrouter/src/reactui... but there is no src folder on my router.

Re: Problem modifying sample thread border router

Does any one else have this issue?

Says in another thread (Are the border-router and sensor-actuator sample applications depreciated from Thread Stack 2.1) that others did not find the source code either.

While those files were deprecated in another thread in 2.1, they have been reintroduced in version 2.3 forward. They are located under /protocol/thread_<ver>/app/thread/sample-app/border-router-mgmt-app and /protocol/thread_<ver>/app/thread/sample-app/zcl/sensor-actuator in the latest SDK, and /protocol/thread_<ver>/app/thread/sample-app/border-router/* in the previous SDKs.

As far as your Javascript issue, after you made the modification, did you restart the Node.js service that was running the application?

Looks like I have Thread 2.2.

The sample code uses gulp to bundle everything up.  So, I installed npm in the folder where the code resides, and then do an npm run build.  Oh, and changed the gulpfile.js to show the correct folder.

Worked fine.

Once I get 2.3, I will refer back to your answer.

Thanks.