Accepted Solution

How to realize the OTA function of EFR32

I am using MG1V132F256GM32 to develop the zigbee end device.

About the AN760: Using the Ember Standalone Bootloader,where I find that "Since the EFR32 does not support OTA target functionality, this section is not relevant for EFR32-based devices.",I have some question as below:
1.EFR32 does not support OTA target functionality?
Could I draw the conclusion that the standalone and application bootloader of EFR32 does not support OTA function ? If the client want to realize the OTA function,they should write this code by themself.
2、Does The Gecko Bootloader of EFR32 support the OTA target functionality?
3、Which production of EFR32 support the OTA target functionality?

Highlighted

Re: How to realize the OTA function of EFR32

This in AN760 "Since the EFR32 does not support OTA target functionality, this section is not relevant for EFR32-based devices." refers to a particular legacy feature on the EM35x that few people used. Here you can think of "OTA target" as OTA client, i.e. we do not support using standalone bootloader on an EFR32 as OTA client.

You should use the application bootloader on an EFR32 as OTA client. Yes, the new Gecko Bootloader certainly is compatible with OTA client functionality.

Please refer to AN728 for setting up OTA Server and OTA Client. Also refer to UG103.6 on the types of bootloader.

Best regards,

Yuping Xiao

Re: How to realize the OTA function of EFR32

Thanks for your support!