How to configure attributes to be reportable in Simplicity Studio

I have turned on the Reporting Plugin with a table size of 20.

I have turned on the Thermostat Cluster's Server Init Callback.  Inside the callback, I have

called the function emberAfPluginReportingConfigureReportAttribute() for all the attributes

I wish to be reportable including Manufacturer Custom attributes (added to the ha.xml file

along with the Manufacturer code for those attributes). I made sure that

EMBER_ZCL_STATUS_SUCCESS was returned for each call of the above function.  I

used a minimum of 2 seconds and a maximum of 3600 seconds (1 hour) and set the

direction to EMBER_ZCL_REPORTING_DIRECTION_REPORTED. I have even added

a call to the function zclGlobalSendMeAReportCommand() to the

emberAfPluginNetworkFindFinishedCallback() function when EMBER_SUCCESS is

passed into it.  I still don't get any Report Attribute Messages being sent when joining a

network.  I am replacing an existing thermostat from a different manufacturer that upon

joining a network sends out these messages. Because my thermostat is not sending out

these messages, the network device I am joining to doesn't accept the join (although it

doesn't tell my thermostat this ... my thermostat thinks it joined successfully but the

device it joined with doesn't).

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> YK

Re: How to configure attributes to be reportable in Simplicity Studio

Do you do binding to let your thermostat know the destination to report?
If my reply answers your question, please click on "Kudo"s or "Accept as Solution"s to benefit others who have the same issue.

YK Chen

Are you asking about binding from the Server side in the thermostat end device ? That would be NO. I do a bind to the thermostat cluster (manual button press) from the coordinator side, but no report attribute messages are received. They are received from the thermostat I am trying to emulate with no bind to the thermostat cluster from the coordinator side. I thought the binding occurs on the client side.
<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> YK

I don’t understand your descriptions well but I know you have to do binding to the specific cluster so your thermostat knows where to do reporting.
If my reply answers your question, please click on "Kudo"s or "Accept as Solution"s to benefit others who have the same issue.

YK Chen

Where (how) do I do bindings ? The only thing in help shows it after Radio Configuration, ZDO settings, and Inter-PAN settings and is under Other settings. I don't have a "Other Settings" topic in the Znet stack tab of the ZCL Application Framework V2.

Is coordinator the destination of your device reporting? If so, what is your coordinator?

YK Chen

For most attributes yes.

My coordinator is a Telkonet EcoConnect (this probably means nothing to you). My testing coordinator is a smartenit USB-ZigBee dongle that I control with a testing program I wrote so I can read and write all attributes and send commands and displays responses. This is the one I do a bind on before I read and write attributes. But still not Report Attribute messages coming from my thermostat. I can't seem to find anything on how to bind it other than including the Binding Table library.

I am not familiar with those coordinator so I cannot help more specifically. However, I am sure you have to make binding successfully to your thermostat to make it do reporting.

YK Chen

Is there a function I need to call to do binding ? I have the Binding Library included.

There are two types of binding, ZDP binding and ZDP end device binding. For ZDP binding, we usually send ZDP binding requests from GW/coordinator to do binding to a device. For ZDP end device binding, we usually trigger ZDP end device binding requests from two devices, source and destination devices, and coordinator would coordinate end device binding for you. If the reporting destination is coordinator, I think it still depends on your coordinator. You have to figure out how to send ZDP binding request for your GW/coordinator.

YK Chen

I believe it uses ZDP end device binding, my thermostat device would be the source for a thermostat cluster and fan cluster and the destination for a Occupancy Sensor and a Door Sensor. I believe the coordinator does the end device binding.
Highlighted

If it uses end device binding, I suggest you to setup network Analyzer to check it and see if end device binding is successful.

YK Chen