Super Star
Accepted Solution

Getting Thread Examples Working

Hi All! I'm working with 2 EFR32MG boards (BRD4151A) and am trying to get the examples for the Thread Stack working. I am able to compile both the server side and the client side just fine. I get the code loaded on the devices (I have the Wireless Starter Kits BRD4001A RevA01), and am able to get information to show up on the Console Display. The server responds with "server> " and the client with "client> ". After a little bit, the server prints out "Advertising to ff33:40:fdac:f95:7a9a::1", and I wait for the client to tell me "Searching for network "client/server" using join key "ABCDEFGH"" and I get crickets... Nothing... I hit the enter key and I still get "client> " but no join key.

I have switched which is the server and which is the client, Rebuilt the code. etc. I am using Thread Stack v2.1.0.0. I've used the RESET button and I see both devices cleanly go through a reset procedure. All to no avail!

Behavior is the same... Server side behaves like the instructions say but the Client never gives up it's join key.

Any ideas?

Highlighted

Re: Getting Thread Examples Working

Hi Rachel,

You can try to push the button 1 on the client starter kit board, it should display the join key on the serial 1 console.

Super Star

Re: Getting Thread Examples Working

this worked immediately - I will add this as a comment to the instructions for this exercise...