This article covers migrating from an old Silicon Labs Thread stack version to a current version using Simplicity Studio v4 and your project's ISC file.
1. Copy the ISC file and any additional files in the project that were modified into the same directory. For example:
2. Start up Studio v4 and go to the Simplicity IDE perspective.
3. Go to Window -> Preferences -> Simplicity Studio -> SDKs and uncheck all Thread stack installs other than the most current Thread stack you are migrating to.
4. Go to File -> Import and select Simplicity Studio -> MCU Project. This will open up a dialogue.
5. Find your ISC file and add it to the list. Click Next and the Build Configuration will show that there or some unresolved dependencies. Click Next again to make changes.
6. Under Reconstruct Build Configurations make sure you have the proper Board (if you have one), Part, SDK, and Toolchain are selected. Click Next.
7. Under Project Configuration, type in a Project name. Click Finish.
8. Navigate to your project in Project Explorer and open your ISC file. An "Auto upgrade notice" should pop up. This means that your project has been updated to the only stack you have available.
9. Under the General tab, before generating optionally change the Generation directory to your workspace, and update your Device name.
10. Navigate to the "Other" tab in AppBuilder and update any additional files added by clicking on the file and reselecting it.