Highlighted

not able to control this volume of my sound card using my PC(windows 7).

Dear All,

I have developed a sound card using cp2114-b02 and tlv320aic3106 codec form TI.

Issue that I am facing is, I am not able to control this volume of my sound card using my PC(windows 7).

After going through data sheet ,I found that  in Audio Configuration Block for CP2114–B02 device, I have to give correct address of volume update register of my codec.

So, I want to know

1. Which variable of audio configuration block should I write for volume update?

2. Which register address of my codec should I use?

I am attaching my current config file and data sheet of my codec.

Regards,

Vijayendra 

Re: not able to control this volume of my sound card using my PC(windows 7).

Hi Vijayendra,

Thank you for contacting Silicon Labs regarding the audiio configuration for your CP2114-B02 device with the TI TLV320AIC3106 CODEC.  It looks like you have identified the correct registers on the TLV320AIC3106 for main DAC volume control:

Register 43: Left DAC Digital Volume Control Register (register 0x2B)

Register 44: Right DAC Digital Volume Control Register (register 0x2C).

Your current config appears to put these address values in the MSB positions for PbVolPrimaryLeft and PbVolPrimaryRight:

00 # [11] PbVolPrimaryLeftLsb
2B # [12] PbVolPrimaryLeftMsb
00 # [13] PbVolPrimaryRightLsb
2C # [14] PbVolPrimaryRightMsb

Try putting the register values for these DAC registers in the LSB place instead:

2B # [11] PbVolPrimaryLeftLsb
00 # [12] PbVolPrimaryLeftMsb
2C # [13] PbVolPrimaryRightLsb
00 # [14] PbVolPrimaryRightMsb

When you make this change, does volume control now work?  Note that I did not do an exhaustive check of your complete audio configuration, but I am hoping that this change can help with the volume control.  Please let me know if this works or if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mitch

MCU Applications Engineer

Re: not able to control this volume of my sound card using my PC(windows 7).

Dear Mitch,

I tried your suggestion , It did not work for me. But I observed a strange behavior in my sound card , i.e I2c stopped working. Things were fine when I reverted to old settings.

Though I was not able to link between the two things. please suggest if you find something.

Regards,

Vijayendra