- Silicon Labs Community
- Welcome and Announcements
- Silicon Labs Knowledge Base
- 8-bit MCU
- 32-bit MCU
- Bluetooth / Wi-Fi
- Other Products Category
- Optical/RH/Temp Sensor
- Other Products
- Hardware and Software Tools
- Simplicity Studio and Software
- General Discussions and Suggestions
- Chinese Forum
- Software Libraries
- Development Kits
- Reference Designs
- Third Party Tools
- White Papers
- Official Blog of Silicon Labs
- Chinese Blog
02-18-2017 08:04 AM
I want to configure CP2114 B02 such that it works in either 24bit recording, or 24bit playback. My understanding is that whether it works in recording or playback mode depending on external software. As long as the external software does not run both recording and playback simultaneously, then it should work. I do not know what will happen if the external software tries to run both recording and playback at the same time.
I check the CONFIG 0 in CP2114 B02 and it seems that it is configured for 16bit recording and playback. Now, I want to modify the settings in CONFIG 0 so that it supports 24bit recording and playback. I plan to do the following changes:
1) Change Byte 41 --- RecordIs24Bit from 0 (16-bit) to 1 (24-bit)
2) Change Byte 41 --- PlaybackIs24Bit from 0 (16-bit) to 1 (24-bit)
3) Change Byte 3 --- LeftJustifiedFormat from 0 (16-bit Left Justified Mode) to 1 (24-bit Left Justified Mode)
4) keep Byte 10 --- RecordEnable 1 (Yes)
Are the above steps correct? Thanks.
02-21-2017 04:40 AM
@DW8 CP2114-B02 supports 24-bit Play or Record, for 24-bit mode, the device can operate in 24-bit record with playback disable or 24-bit playback with record disable, you cannot configure it with 24-bit playback and 24-bit record at the same time.
02-22-2017 03:32 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I guess Byte 10 --- RecordEnable is only used to disable Record? but which Bit or Byte is used to disable playback?
02-22-2017 09:01 PM - edited 02-22-2017 09:03 PM
The Playback functionality can be disabled by clearing the Bit 3 (PbEnable) of Byte 43 in the Audio Configuration Block for CP2114-B02 device.