Connecting a digital microphone to CP2114 or CP2615

Hello,

How to use CP2114/CP2615 to produce USB audio input from a digital microphone that produces a PDM or an I2S signal?

Can I connect directly to any of the CP2114/CP2615 evaluation boards an I2S signal driven by a microphone (or a PDM to I2S codec)? How to do that?

Sincerely 

Dorin

Re: Connecting a digital microphone to CP2114 or CP2615

@Dorin

You could have a look at the datasheet and our reference design.

The I2S format (sample rate, resolution, master or slave, etc) requirement to the microphone is listed in the datasheet.

My views are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Silicon Labs

WeiguoLu

Re: Connecting a digital microphone to CP2114 or CP2615

Thank you Mr. WiguoLu for the timely answer.

I would spend more time reading the datasheet or searching for reference designs, should I have the time available for such tasks. 

Can you send me a link or point me to the datasheet page that shows schematics and provides instructions how to connect a PDM digital microphone to either CP2114 or CP2615? What codec to use etc.

I would prefer if you can show me how to connect a SPK0415HM4H-B digital microphone that produces a PDM output to your device. Is this possible with either CP2114 or CP2615 evaluation boards?

I have an evaluation board that converts the PDM output to I2S using 

the Analog Devices' ADAU7002. If that codec IC is not compatible with your parts, please suggest another codec that can convert PDM data to I2S and is compatible with one of your USB bridges.

Sincerely,

Dorin