CPT007B Toggle Output?

[ Edited ]

Can one of the OUTxx pins be programmed to toggle on/off when the corresponding CSxx sense input is activated? I need to implement a "turn-on / turn-off" function without a micro on the board. 

Thank you.

Re: CPT007B Toggle Output?

Do you mean you need the pin to toggle (out a signal like PWM) when the touch was activated (a button pressed)?

CPT007B is fixed function device and you could not configure it to work like this.

WeiguoLu

Thank you -

No, not a PWM. I need a "touch ON / touch OFF" operation, like a mechanical switch would do.You should consider adding that feature to future parts, or make new versions of the existing parts that can do it. Seems like it would be very useful for some applications. 

I'll need to add flip-flops I guess.

Thanks

dan

Highlighted

Do you mean below feature:

1. touch the button,

2. the pin out would be high level.

3. release the button.

4. touch the button again.

5. the pin out would be low level.

6. release the button.

7 touch button again.

8. you would expect the pin out be high level again.

9. ...

If this is your requirement, I don't think CPT007B would meet your requirement without external component.

For the CPT007B, the results of the capacitive sensing touch qualification engine are communicated through a set of digital output pins.
If a capacitive sensing input has qualified an active event, the corresponding output pin will be set to its active state. If the input has qualified a release event is inactive, the corresponding output pin will be set to its inactive state. So the host processor can just detect the output pins' status of CPT007B.
If possible I will suggest to adopt Silabs' EFM8SB1 to implement your project.

WeiguoLu