CP2614 - will this work routed thru a HS USB HUB ?

I'm doing an MFI accessory Design with this CP2614 Audio USB bridge chip.

I'd like to know if there any limitations on it running connected thru a HUB ?

There is a note that the CP2114 chip doesn't want a HUB to be in the path.

Anybody know why ?

Re: CP2614 - will this work routed thru a HS USB HUB ?

@drivelink

CP2614 is designed for apple device (lightning interface), do you mean you want to use it with USB host like PC or android phone?

As far as I know some packet drop may occur with bub and you may hear some noise/glitch.

My views are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Silicon Labs

WeiguoLu

CP2614 - communications channel to talk with accessory HW ? what kind is it ? UART or USB ?

The CP2614 datasheet (short) says 

"Built-in communications channel allows your iOS app to

control and interact with accessory hardware"

Is this communications channel a Hi-Speed USB link ? Or is this just a 

slower speed UART link that im supposed to use to communicate with my accessory

hardware ?

If i use this, I need my USB host (Hi-speed) to be able to talk thru the lighting connector

with USB as its multi-function.

Sounds like they expect you to use a UART connection to talk to your app with

your embedded host ? IS that true ?

Re: CP2614 - communications channel to talk with accessory HW ? what kind is it ? UART or USB ?

Hi @drivelink,

As part of the Apple MFi agreement, we cannot make the documentation for the device publicly available for all customers. Recommend contacting our technical support directly if you have any questions about this device.

http://www.silabs.com/support

Thanks,

Jiehui

Re: CP2614 - Does this CP2614 Chip detect the iPhone Headphone Volume and mute switch presses ?

The Iphone headphones have a proprietary method of sending the Mute and Volume button pushes.

Does the Cp2614 detect these and forward USB messages back to the iPhone for you ?

My accessory design is implementing a headphone jack design on my board to replace

the iPhone 7 jack that they removed. 

To get MFI you have to be compatible with the iPhone headset. At least Mute for answering calls

and Volume also i would think.

Re: CP2614 - Does this CP2614 Chip detect the iPhone Headphone Volume and mute switch presses ?

@drivelink CP2614 is a turnkey MFi Lightining-to-I2S digital audio bridge, it definitely supports audio volume controlling. Here is the datashort. Just a reminder that the CP2614 cannot be used for headphones or other accessories that support telephony for Apple.