Highlighted

CP210x v6.7 Device not recognized in Win 8.1 64 bit

Hi,

to use our board with cp2102 device, I have installed on a computer with Win 8.1 64 bit the CP210x VCP Driver v6.7 (64 bit version). When I connect that board to the USB port some times the device is not recognized and some times the device is recognized but is not started (Error 10).

When the device is not recognized, the UVCView tool returns 2 errors: Device enumeration failure and the configuration descriptor is invalid. Instead, when the device is not started the UVCView does not returns errors.

I suppose that the problem is not related to the board or the usb cable, because its works properly on another computer (Win 7 64 bit).

Any suggestion?

Re: CP210x v6.7 Device not recognized in Win 8.1 64 bit

Hi,

I would suspect a hardware problem since the host is receiving an invalid USB configuration descriptor.  Have you tried connecting a USB analyzer to look at the descriptors?

It's possible you have a different USB topology on the Win 8.1 machine than the Win 7 machine.

One other thing to check, is the driver you're using signed for Win 8.1?

Best regards,

ChrisM

Hi,

about the USB Analyzer, I can't try now because we don't have that tool.
Instead about the driver signed, we use your CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers v6.7. In the related release notes is written that the driver is signed for Win 8.1 starting from version 6.6.1.

Best regards

Francesco

Hi,

I am troubled with the same problem as you.

I suspect that CP210x is not reconized in Win8.1 64bit Intel chipset series 8(or including 7).

I have claimed the solution for this problem from Jan,2015,but Korea Branch Sales manager ignored my claim because this problem was claimed only by me in the world

The product made by my company  using CP210x is being claimed right now by many customers

Help me !!!

Best Regards

from Seoul,South Korea

Hi,

Can you send some screenshots of the following using USB Device Viewer:

1. Properties for the CP210x

2. Properties for the hub that the CP210x is plugged into (and any hub the hub is connected to)

3. Properties for the host controller that the hub is plugged into.

Best regards,

ChrisM

Hi,

When I install CP2102 driver 6.7 in Win8.1 64bit PC (Intel chipset series 8,the newest PC), the driver is finished right doing no action indicating installation process,and messaging that the driver is installed.

After that time, CP2102 board is not recognized when connecting the board to USB port.

I am sorry My English is too short to explain more detailedly than this.

I will be very happy if an expert of your company test this problem directly with the newest PC

Best Regards,

Seoul,South Korea

attach the tool to view the device property.

WeiguoLu

We are experiencing a similar type of problem with our units fitted with the CP2102 using the V6.7 VCP drivers.

Drivers are not customized at all so using Silabs VId / PID.

The issue is most prevalent on Win 8.1 64- bit PC's (Both new hardware and upgraded systems)

• After either automatic or manual driver installation the windows device manager has a yellow         exclamation mark to indicate that drivers were not installed correctly
  • If you try a manual update of the driver Windows returns that the best driver is already installed.

• After installation a virtual com port is signed and all works 100%
  • Over a PC reboot the virtual com port number changes

These PC are running with full admin rights and Windows UAC turned off.

Please advise????

I am having a similar problem.  I use a fairly standard USB to TTL serial adapter using the CP2101, and they have been working for me for several years.  Periodically, the units get damaged due to ESD or misconnection problems, and I have to replace them.  Last week, I started getting the USB device not recognized errors on one of the interfaces, so I grabbed my spare one.  It had the same problem!  Assuming that perhaps it had become damaged as well, ordered two more new ones.  They both have the same problem.  It is as though the driver for these little cards suddenly don't know how to recognize them.

I tried all the usual fixes.  I tried connecting them to a different port.  I tried inserting them directly into a port instead of using the USB extension cable.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and nothing seems to work!

Any ideas on what to try next?

After regards,

It seems to be that we are all experiencing the same problem, so is that to be too late to solve it ?!, I hope that someone can post a solution, because we are all suspended for a long time.

From Alexandria, EGYPT.

<a href="http://community.silabs.com/t5/Welcome-and-Announcements/Community-Ranking-System-and-Recognition-Program/m-p/140490#U140490"><font color="#000000"><font size="2">Hero</font></font> </a> jmg

[ Edited ]

As a reference point I checked a Windows 8.1 64 bit OS on a Samsung Laptop, and CP2102 board has no problems using 6.6.1.0 Driver ( all that was tested, as this is what was installed ).

Maybe it is Motherboard chip-set related ?